Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why no Benelli M2 3 Guns coming into the US?

aviatrix

Better off buying a M2 or Versamax and having a custom shop do the work for you. Cheaper too.

True. I wound up buying a VersaMax. Originally thought it would be easier and faster to order the M2 3 Gun, it just didn't work out that way.

If it was discontinued, I've still got a delivery position for non-existant product and need to see about a refund.

Edited by aviatrix

• 3 months later...

At the risk and pain of being "that" n00b who necro's an old thread...

I recently purchased one of the 3-Gun editions on gunbroker and noticed it, and two or three others I saw, didn't come with the extension despite the Benelli site saying it should. (http://bit.ly/1add7p4) So I did some searching and that is how I ended up here.

So... Mr. @Benny Hill says "if they get their extensions worked out", I am assuming this *might* give a reason for the discrepancy.

Is there any chance that if I ask nicely I could get more clarification on if I am just missing something very obvious or if there was some sort of legal/corporate/technical blocker that caused the change?

Edited by oSPANNERo

My understanding is it is with the atf and importing high cap foreign weapons. For instance benelli sells extended mag tubes for the vinci yet they werent allowed to import due to atf restrictions. Thanks to rci for making one!

Interesting, I had seen other articles talking about similar problems but I figured since the shotgun had already been in the country to have the 3-gun custom work done *AND* using Nordic tube extensions (which are US based IIRC) it wouldn't be an issue since that would be compliant with 922®. Ah well... does make me want to aggravate Benelli's customer service once I have the shotgun in hand since they haven't updated their marketing materials. :)

Edited by oSPANNERo

Interesting, I had seen other articles talking about similar problems but I figured since the shotgun had already been in the country to have the 3-gun custom work done *AND* using Nordic tube extensions (which are US based IIRC) it wouldn't be an issue since that would be compliant with 922®. Ah well... does make me want to aggravate Benelli's customer service once I have the shotgun in hand since they haven't updated their marketing materials. :)

922r applies to the factory mag tube also, not just the extension. To reduce the foreign part count the unextended mag tube has to come out and a US one-piece tube has to go in.