Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good mid-range Safe?

Jfarewell

I'm finally able to buy a gun safe which I've been needing for a very long time. I don't have a huge budget but I would rather pay a little extra for quality. The $500-600 range is about the max I have at the moment and the pressure to actually get a safe supersedes the option of saving for a larger/better one. I was looking at a Cannon 24 gun that runs $550 at tractor supply.

Thought/suggestions?

Or if you have one locally you want to get rid of for cheap that's always an option too. ;-)

Cabelas has five or six quality levels of quality safes 0n display. They are Liberty product with Cabelas name. Shipping charges are extra online. Instore inventory pickup is included. We will load the safe at the store end for no charge. Driveway delivery is for online only. Figure $150 per hour for bonded insured contractor to deliver. Buy bigger than you think you need and bolt the unit to the floor.

I moved around some safes today and I realize the value of having two mid size rather than one monster. I did get one off a friend that will do for now, at least until I can afford a nicer one. At least now my stuff is secure.

J -

Go visit the folks at http://www.cfliberty.com/ in person and talk to them about your needs and how you need to shop and even wait a while to get the very best deal. There are periodic promo events where you can get a HUGE discount on the order of 40% off list price on a new safe and even a free electonic lock thrown in if you want that.

Your budget is on the low end, and it is worth advertising for a used safe on Craigslist because there are plenty of people who need/want to upgrade to a 48 or 64 gun safe and don't have the room to keep their old safe too.

I've saved $$$ by picking up and moving the safe myself with a pickup truck or Suburban with the middle and rear seats removed, a son and 4 of his buddies from the local football team, heavy gauge 2" or more PVC pipe for rollers, and a piece of post wood as a lever.

We like Liberty's on this end, and make our interior lighting cheap with clear LED Christmas lights stuffed inside 48" florescent light safety tubes cut to a third of their original length.

Good luck.