Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Mag Release

nmcferro

I have very small hands and have much trouble releasing the mag on my STI Edge without totally have to readjust my grip to release the button and then again to shoot. This is troublesome for a few reasons, like control of the gun, time and regaining the the proper grip.

I have tried various extensions, buttons and etc. to no avail. Are there right side mag releases and where can I get one fast?!? Is there more than one producer of such a product. If so, who makes the best one?

Thanks ahead of time for any input!!!

The Mitchell's release does work, but I find the spring too light, and I have accidentally dumped my mag in the middle of a stage, on more than one occasion. I see no way to disassemble it and install a slightly heavier spring. If you are very careful, you can probably get away with it, but I'm just too clumsy. It's an expensive experiment!

I have a reduced grip and a small mainspring housing. I had a Ed brown wide ambi safety install so I could reach the safety just to be able to reach it. I think that if I can get a hold of a right side mag release I will be good to go. That is how I have all my other guns set up and it seems to work for me, but they were all easy, just turned them around. Not that easy on the STI! Guess I need to get me a Mitchell's custom right side mag release. Seem to be hard to come by!

• 1 month later...

A couple of my buds are running the Mitchell and like it. My STI build is set up with 2 slides/barrels (9 & 40) I installed the Mitchell and worked great with the 9 setup but couldn't get it tweaked for the 40. Wasn't enough metal to trim without jeopardizing functionality,