Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP-01 Shadow Custom Rig

hoghunter

While I'm waiting for the SP-01 Shadow Custom to arrive from CZ Custom I was looking at holsters / belt / mag pouches. I do intend to get into one of the shooting sports one day and wanted to know which holster / belt / pouch rig would be the acceptable for all of the various groups (USPSA, IPSC, IDPA, etc.). I am just learning but I would like to go ahead and get the equipment before Uncle Sam's refund runs out. I looked at Blade Tec website but wanted to get some thoughts out there for a newbie. I don't need GM equipment, just a good solid rig to start with. Thanks

Of those diciplines IDPA are the strictest.

Many of the competition holsters from IPSC will not be legal in IDPA (CR SpeedHolster, DAA etc)

From what I've heard, Bladetech are durable and works well for your needs.

Edited by alfaDude

I picked up a DAA PDR for my SP-01. It's legal for everything if you get the belt-ride version while the low-ride model is not IDPA legal. It's easy enough to swap brackets to switch between belt- and low-ride versions. I like that the suede liner protects the firearm's finish. I don't care on my M&Ps, but I wanted to take some care of my custom shop blaster. You'll see comments about pistols sticking in the holster. I've had zero trouble with mine doing so once I dialed the tension adjustments. Counterintuitively, increasing the tension eliminated the sticking by not allowing the pistol to sit so low in the holster.

The Blade-Tech DOH is probably the most common holster for Production at the Steel Challenges I've been shooting lately.

I use a Bladetech DOH holster for USPSA and when I want to shoot IDPA use the Bladetech and take off the DOH bracket. Works fine or you could just buy two. I think they are about $68.00. I use either Safariland 773 pouches or like the Comptac singles for IDPA. I have a 1.5" kydex reinforced belt from Comptac for IDPA. Use the Safariland ELS for USPSA. Just starting off you will do fine with just a good belt.

Edited by TerryT