Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

seeking opinions

njrich

after 10 years of being out of the sport i see so many things have changed.

(different guns,new pistolsmiths).i'm looking to start shooting again and i'm a bit confused as to which gun to buy.i want to start out in L10 and see where it goes from there.i love the 45 and i know for sure thats the caliber i will shoot.i guess i'm looking for feedback on a out of the box gun that maybe needs a little tweaking and isn't going to cost me that stack that flex has lol.

geej i can't believe i sold everything i need to buy all over again.

njrich,

i'll be the first to welcome you back to the sport. secondly you need to do a search, this has be covered before.

now that is said. if you want to shoot L-10 i'd buy a Para Ordnance limited in .40 cal. this gun would be you cheapest way to get back into the sport, plus you can shoot limited as well.

lynn

40 S&W is the ONLY way to go! <_< Just my opinion. But eventually you will get back into Limited. L10 will begin to die off it we don't get another AWB. Standard Cap. mags will be readily available. At minimum go with the P16 Limited. If you have the $$$ buy an STI or SV. That choice would be up to you. I say the double stack guns only because as I said, you WILL eventually want to shoot with the big boys again. TXAG

A Glock 22 or 35 are also good and inexpensive choices. I shoot a G22 in LTD.

Do you reload? If not, many S_I guns aren't reliable with factory 40 (I don't know about Para). However, if you really start shooting - you will start reloading.