Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Modified loads,38 super

hdgun

Can anybody give some loads that they use in the modified div. IPSC. for 38 super.I built an STI very close to a modified gun. 5" 4 port hybrid no comp. used it for steel shooting. I have been playing with the idea of shooting Open Div USPSA just for the hell of it. Thanks, John

I load for super now but, Its for a full size Caspian 5" gun with 7 port comp. I was just wondering if there were any particular powder/bullet cominations out there for a gun with very little poting. I see the Modified guns the use in IPSC to fit in the box. They must be a bitch to handle with major load.

hdgun

IPSC Modified guns are in 40 cal. So they are not any harder to handle than a limited/standard gun. Add a comp and a dot and you have a very fun toy to play with.

For your gun I would suggest starting with a load used in the short open guns like the STI Stinger (do a search). ;)

540 124 gr zero fmj at about 8.2gr works well if you have some but it is excesively loud.

AA #5 115 gr jhp on about 9.8gr works well and is super flat.

Depending on what weight bullets depends on the charge.

FOR INFORMATIONAL USE ONLY THESE LOADS ARE OVER MAX LISTED LOADS.

Like I had mentioned I built the gun to shoot minor for steel. I did not know the modified guns had to be 40 or larger. Not that it makes a real differance, I was just playing with the idea to shoot major open USPSA. I might shoot minor anyway! I'LL SHOW THEM!

Seriously Thank you guys for all this info. Shoot fast reload often.

• 4 years later...