Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dave Sevigny outguns all at IDPA Nationals

I wonder how things would pan out in terms of overall times if every division had an eight round limit on magazines.

Interesting point Rhino, perhaps the 13 second spread between Sevigny and Leatham would have become smaller.

I wonder how things would pan out in terms of overall times if every division had an eight round limit on magazines.

Interesting point Rhino, perhaps the 13 second spread between Sevigny and Leatham would have become smaller.

You guys are dreaming. This was a VERY single stack friendly match. Just look at the stage round counts:

National Standards Lmt. 39

Cubical Confusion 18

I See You 12

Enough Lmt. 12

El Prez Lmt. 12

Quick Retreat 9

Trapped 15

Hollywood Holdup 12

Should Have Had a Cell Phone 12

Parts Pickup 18

Mr. Bubbles 12

Camping Out 15

No Time To Think 6

Tactical Sequence with a Twist 6

Aim Small, Miss Small 6

Playing at the Pump 12

Should have Gone to Vegas 6

Taking Out the Trash 12

TOTAL ROUND COUNT 234

After an in-depth look at the stages I conclude that there was only ONE additional reload required of the single stacks. That would have been on stage 10 (18 rounds all on the clock). Hell, this also a pretty darn friendly revolver match too. I count only five stages (2,6,7,10 &12) that would have required additional reloads by the wheel gunners.

geezer

Edited by geezer-lock

This match was a bit deceptive in that it looked very vanilla on paper. By the number of points dropped on average I would say it was a good test of fundamentals. I heard a few folks say "this one won't win you a match but it might lose it for you..." That about sums it up.

I first met Daniel at the PA state match of 2002. He was quiet and respectful...and darn good. I, on the other hand, didn't have a clue what I was doing and shot terribly. He is a very gracious competitor and his parents have done a great job teaching him to be honorable. If he doesn't get too distracted by girls and cars he should be the future of shooting sports like IDPA for the next twenty+ years. It is nice to see a guy win so young and say "thank you, sir" when you congratulate him....