Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ TS DURABILITY?

G34 CORDY

Buffer + lighter recoil spring

Why not? The fact is that most CZ's pistols are a little over sprung. This is the actual cause of breaking the slide stop pin. Not the force by the slide moving backwards. I have tested spring loads between 20-8lbs. My choice happens to be the factory spring load. I want the sight to raise in recoil and land at the exact same spot. I make my testing on several occasions. Firing about 400 rounds with the spring load I like to test. The 10lbs spring tend to break the buffer in pieces after those 400 rounds. I use 14lbs recoil plus 15lbs hammer spring in Limited. 10lbs+15lbs in my open gun.

A little advice for new guns:

Make sure your slide is moving without effort. Brake the edge of the slide where it pushes the rounds from the magazine into the chamber. This edge may cause drag as the slide moves back during recoil. The edge is dragging over the bullet and case of the next round waiting to be feed into the chamber.

Plug for the Springco. I run them in in my TS and SPO1. I have pretty bad arthritus in my wrists. I would not be able to shoot without them. They don't "reduce" recoil, they change perceived or felt recoil. I love em'.

Durability?? While shooting the Alabama Sectional (aka: Heart of Dixie Shootout) I had at least one mother-of-all-jams on every stage...sometimes two. After detailed disassembly at home, it turned out the bottom half of the extractor hook had fractured and broken off. This is after only approximately three thousand rounds. Not a happy camper at the moment...but I love the pistol and I guess I'll get over it.

A-G

BTW: The pistol is the CzechMate version of the TS and shooting 9Maj (172 PF) with an eleven-pound recoil spring. Also, if you like to run and gun, the Shootout is THE place to be. Take a look at the posted videos.

A-G

Edited by All-Gator

My extractor broke at our local match last month, but that was after 4years of heavy use. Swapped it out and finished the match, no biggie. As for odd malfunctions, my fixed rear sight broke off at the dovetail this past weekend at the Heart of Dixie Shootout. I never would have thought that would have been an issue. Now I will say the fact that I use the rear sight for a slide racker may well have contributed to its demise.

When I was replacing the extractor which CZ-USA provided, I could not get the extractor in because the tang of the extractor hook was on the outside of the frame. If I had tried to force it, I think it would have (could have) produced the fracture which I experienced. (Yes, I had detail cleaned the slide/firing pin/extractor the night before the offending match problem.) So, a word to the wise, be careful to put the extractor hook in the frame before lowering the extractor onto the spring. Mea culpa??

A-G