Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Foot in Cast=No Shooting

Liota

[whine]

This broken ankle thing sucks. I didn't get to shoot the Nationals. I was on so much pain med it would have been bad even if I could have navigated the obstacles. The pain doesn't seem to be subsiding. Still taking an awful lot of the painkillers. They don't work all that well, just taking the edge off the pain. We have two matches at our club this weekend. I can't shoot either one. I won't get to shoot the charity match next weekend either. Don't get to shoot the sectional championship. :(

I guess what I'm trying to say is WAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! THIS SUCKS!!!!!

[\whine]

I feel better, sort of.

It will be better when I get my new rifle broken in and running consistently. It's the cutest AR. :wub:

Are you referring to the Star Wars one? That one was just the meds loosening my tongue. I don't like going to the movies much anyway. It has to be a REALLY good one for me to actually want to go or I have to be really really really really bored. I absolutely abhor the whole "You'll buy it because I make it" attitude that George Lucas's company has. Making eighteen releases of the same movie, each with a one-pixel edit, just pisses me off. All of the flipping toys. They come out before the damned movie does. Jango Fett action figure comes with a head that has "real head-popping-off action." Hmmm...I wonder if and how he dies in the movie. Blech!

Otherwise, eh? :huh:

Liota

To ease your pain:

1. Get Wakal to take you to the range with one of those lounge-type folding chairs.

2. Situate yourself in the chair with your injured foot elevated to reduce pain and so that you have a view of the backstop without putting your foot at risk.

3. Commence to blasting with .22LR at clay birds or some other target you do not need to reset or paster. Repeat until you can't see any more pieces.

Kath,

Tell David he has my sympathies. Sixteen weeks is a bit much. Hopefully, I will be out of my cast by then.

Enjoy your time at the range.

TL,

I'm glad Jerry is in good health. I had heard he is a nice guy, having never met him in person. His tapes are really good, though. I learned a lot from him. He also showed a lot of class bringing in the rifle (can't remember if it was a .22 or a bb) onto the tapes because his dad gave it to him and he wanted it there. From the instructor corner, it was nice to watch him get more and more comfortable with the camera during the course of the tapes.

Still smiling. See. :)

Liota