Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classic vs Modified division

It seems the new generation wants what is easiest to shoot, powder puff loads flat and soft. I remember when real skilled shooters were using 45s at the high pf but that was when the power part of DVC meant something. Now days some of those same shooters are paid to shoot the bunny fart loads in production to sell guns to the newbies, I would like to see the 10 round 45 major open come back with its own division.

I also don't see how it would be much different than an open sight gun. I put a Burris Fastfire III on a .45 and I can't say that it feels any different than it did with open sights.

Take a look at the picture above. The barrel is compensated. Now take a guess as to how much actual barrel there is. Combine a really short barrel with 170 PF Major in IPSC and it's an angry little gun. They are also really hard to get to run right. There are only a handful of smiths in the US that have tried to take them on.

Shoot single stack, no need for one of those soft shooting open guns! Shoot real major out of a non comped gun ;)

I would like to but my eyes have seen better days, untill I do something about that I will have to stick to open.

I also don't see how it would be much different than an open sight gun. I put a Burris Fastfire III on a .45 and I can't say that it feels any different than it did with open sights.

Take a look at the picture above. The barrel is compensated. Now take a guess as to how much actual barrel there is. Combine a really short barrel with 170 PF Major in IPSC and it's an angry little gun. They are also really hard to get to run right. There are only a handful of smiths in the US that have tried to take them on.

Now that is information that I can understand. High pressure round, high residual pressure when gas hits the ports, top end loads to make major with very short barrel section before ports. I can see how that makes an "angry little gun."

Thanks for posting that information. I had never thought of those issues before.