Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My XDm9 Open build.

vash_241987

So about 2 years ago I wanted to start an Open gun build on my XDm9, I got as far as repainting my frame and added a silicon carbide grit on the frame, and had a older version of PRP match trigger kit.

008-9.jpg

This year I decided to get the ball rolling again, and since then the paint has been beat up so I've ordered duracoat snow gray(I believe that was the name) and OSHA Blue. Going with a sliver/gray/blue/black theme. I have a carver mount and XDm guide rod that takes 1911 springs and it included a choice of different springs, I went with a 9lb as I'll be loading for major.

Other projects in the pipe is to get the slide cut and redone in satin aluminum cerakote as well as the SP 3-port comp. I'm just waiting for a new shipment of storm lake barrels from Bobby carver, so I can get my gunsmith to do the cut, paint and barrel fitment in one shot. Other items to finish this off is:

-C-more slide ride (blue)

-Pistol gear Unlimited Magwell

-Carver XDm slide racker.

Then eventually I'll buy bobby carver CR Speed holster, belt and mag holder combo

http://www.bb-enterprise.biz/item157235.ctlg

I'm also planning on upgrading my reloading set up, I have an old C-style lee reloader, works great for the past 2 yrs but I'd like to step up to a progressive, looking into a Dillion square deal.

IMG_0047.jpg

Reloading supplies I'm looking for more primers and looking for autocomp, which is hard to find online. Sadly I'm working double shifts today and tomorrow....and the gunshow is in town this weekend. :( I'm gonna order some 125gr JHP from precision delta for major and some 115 FMJ for just plinking for my other XDm compact.

Thats about it for now!

Finished with the new paint job, just waiting for bobby to get a new shipment of storm lake barrels for sending my slide to my gunsmith for the slide cuts, paint job and barrel fitting. photo_zpsffae2e67.jpgphoto_zps21a7eded.jpg Also found a good way to hold the frame while painting, cover the entire mag, insert backwards and volia!! gun frame on a stick.photo_zps1bfa692b.jpg

Well a I just received my pistol gear Unlimited mag well, carver slide racker and 4x arredondo 140mm mag extentions and their springs today from a fellow XD enthusiast on brian enos forum. Just got off of work and was estatic to get them and decided to fit them ASAP.

I ran into a problem with the magwell, its not its fault, but it was a problem with the frame. My Marine Tex epoxy had added a substantial amount of girth at the magazine opening. So I proceeded to dremel it, took off the top layer, hammered it in with a rubber mallet, still tight AND it caused the opening to bend inwards, causing it to bind any mag inserts or releases. I ended up dremeling down to the original polymer surface.

photo_zps269fd069.jpg

It finally fits w/o binding, so with that done I'm planning on just adding some touch up blue paint on that lower section.

photo_zps002d916d.jpg

Slide racker is a good fit, and I see no need to tighten the hex screw, though I'll need to invest in some brass pin punch to remove it w/o marring it for cleanings.

photo_zps8c7da55a.jpg

The base pads for my mags. I found out that a fully loaded 140mm mag (22 rds of 9mm) makes it difficult for the mag catch lever to get a good lock, cause I noticed it would fall out. If I chambered a rd then the mag would seat properly. I will also Duracoat them blue as well.

photo_zps1f05d30e.jpg

She is almost finish!! Just waiting for more storm lake threaded barrels to come in then I'll be sending it out to Mark Housel of L&M precision to do some slide cuts, barrel fitting and cerakote the slide and compensator.

photo_zpsadee79b6.jpg

I'm also waiting for some 1911 reduce recoil springs for the Springer XDm guiderod that takes 1911 springs and also my slide ride c-more.

Got my C-more red-dot in!!! I also got my 1911 reduce power recoil springs pack on monday.

photo_zps160b0ff8.jpg

Now it sits on my carver mount

photo_zps5ecf699c.jpg

photo_zpsa2cd3d4c.jpg

There is no way of know where the knobs current position is, so I decided to make a marker with paint to show its location.

photo_zpsdeba6f40.jpg

She is about 80% complete, still missing a threaded barrel and will get some slide cuts and a new paint job :).

Very nicely done. That's about what I want to do to my Glock this year. I am slowly but surely getting everything done that I can as still use it in Limted. Have the magwell and extended mags, now just need the trigger kit and slide cuts. Are you having Bobby Carver do your slide cuts?

Thanks for the compliments!!!

Very nicely done. That's about what I want to do to my Glock this year. I am slowly but surely getting everything done that I can as still use it in Limted. Have the magwell and extended mags, now just need the trigger kit and slide cuts. Are you having Bobby Carver do your slide cuts?

I'm actually going to send it out to Mark Housel of L&M Precision to do the cuts. He is also going to repaint the slide and compensator in cerakote satin .aluminum, fit my slide racker (accidentally took off too much on it and its loose) and also fit a storm lake threaded barrel.

I'd like to start practicing draws...but no holster for now :(

Edited by vash_241987

I was originally going to go with that same mount and holster, but I found a used Amadini Ultimate Ghost holster for $40 and just couldn't pass it up. So now I am going to use an SJC mount. I'm gonna have Carver do most of the work on mine, but I also live in Florida just a couple of hours from his shop. So I can drive to his shop and drop everything off in person.

Yeah, sucks that there isn't a mount option like SJC for the XDm.

Open gun parts for the XD & XDm are starting to catch up with what you can get for Glocks. Seems the XD's are newer into the Open scene. Of course one advatage to te Carver mount is you don't have to permanently modify your gun by drilling for the bushings. I'm going with the sideways mount by SJC.

http://www.bb-enterprise.biz/item180683.ctlg

Yeah, sucks that there isn't a mount option like SJC for the XDm.

Open gun parts for the XD & XDm are starting to catch up with what you can get for Glocks. Seems the XD's are newer into the Open scene. Of course one advatage to te Carver mount is you don't have to permanently modify your gun by drilling for the bushings. I'm going with the sideways mount by SJC.

http://www.bb-enterprise.biz/item180683.ctlg

Ahh intresting....I kinda wished I bought the thumb rest while the mount was with bobby :/ oh well.

• 2 weeks later...

Vash...

Are you going to be shooting in the Texas Riviera and will you be shooting the XDm. I would love to see that thing run.

I dont think it will be ready by 3/17. I'm waiting on a match grade barrel from Springer precision, which I'll have to send the entire gun to my gunsmith to fit it. I'm also contemplating removing the old PRP trigger kit and sending it off to get a 2.5# trigger pull on it. Currently it stands at 4#

• 2 weeks later...

Damn cause that thing looks sweet. Once i save enough to get an Edge im turning my xdm into an open gun for steel challenge.

Yeah, I just sent out my slide with barsto barrel and comp to mark @ L&M Precision monday. Hope to get it in 2wks. Also sent my carver mount to bobby to get a thumb rest installed.

I just got my my carver mount back from bobby with his thumb rest installed. Feels nice!! I also got a wheelers trigger guage and with the old PRP ultimate match trigger kit I'm getting 4.5 lbs, using my compact slide since my 4.5 slide is being worked on as we speak. I ordered some HS-6 from powder valley and hope to have it soon, my 124gr JHP bullets from precision prob wont ship til april for may :/.......so anyone willing to have me purchase 100rd of 124 JHP bullets? lol. My state nursing board exam is monday, so wish me luck!!! Once I become a LVN more money for more toys ;)photo_zpsf8cd34ba.jpg