Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Home built CNC Mill - Gonna make a 1911

StraightUp_OG

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I used a 1/16 at 2500 at about 2ipm taking .010 per pass. Just to clear up my test info. Cut smooth as silk.

Figured that would be a good place for Daniel to start. I made these cuts on a stock Glock striker.

Completely agree :cheers:

Will have to invest in a most cooling system I use and oil bottle and air compressor to blow chips away but need 3 hands and two sets of eyes

I built a flood coolant system for mine.

Using a fountain pump from harbor freight, five gallon bucket, sink strainer and drain and some loc-line.

I just need to redo my shields around my table using to thin plexi glass and it is just to flimsy.

Should be getting a mill in the near future. In the interim, I printed out a slide on my 3d printer, when I do finally acquire the mill I will have something to practice on. That is support material on the bottom, it is a pain to remove, but should make clamping easy.

post-29808-0-22642700-1400786912_thumb.j

First order of business is an open gun. I pulled that file off of cnc guns. A friend with solidworks converted to a stl file. I would like to try lost pla casting also. It would be fun to find a file for a sti grip and see where it leads!

Edited by bmiller