Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need 9mm Minor Load Using HS-6 & 124gr. CMJ

40S&W

Shooting a 2011 Open 9mm 5". Has a KKM match barrel and bushing, lightened STI slide (hard chromed), T-2 comp. I'd like a minor load and would like to take advantage of the HS-6 gas. Using range brass & 124gr, MG CMJ, Federal SPP. Currently running 124 CMJ, 4.1gr. Titegroup and an OAL of 1.142~1.145, avg. 137 PF. Want the load for steel plate. Need a starting point at least. Thanks for your assistance.

I started at 5.9gr and worked up to 6.5gr. I noticed something odd with the velocities. They were the same avg at 6.1, 6.2, and 6.3gr. That's why I went with 6.2gr. If for some reason my powder measure one way or the other, I'm still in the wheelhouse.

It's not 124 but I have been experimenting with HS6 and found 6.5 under a 115 is a really soft combo but still runs my open xdm reliably. At low charge rates HS6 ( well all the 9major powders ) are pretty dirty.

Edited by DRichardson

• 2 weeks later...

I had some HS6 left in my powder measure so I put together a Minor load for my Glock 17C (2 small slots on top of the barrel) using mixed headstamp brass & Win Small Pistol Primers-6.4grs HS6, under Precision Delta 124gr FMJ RN OAL 1.155..No issues at all ! Functioned very well & accurate too.

i

I use HS-6 in my steelmaster

124 plated RN

6.3 g HS-6

CCI or Win primers

Whatever brass is lying around

1.30 oal

That about a 133 pf

Runs flat great steel round

I started at 5.9 also run 6.1 but 6.3 feels better.

Did you try 115 with HS 6?

• 3 weeks later...

I used to run this in my 226:

Temp: 65 oF

Sky: Clear

Distance from muzzle to first screen: ~15'

Gun: Sig P226, 4.4" factory barrel

Primer: Fed #100 Small Pistol

Bullet: 124gr Zero FMJ (Avg wt of 10 bullets pulled from the same box was 124.7gr. I used this weight for the PF calculation.)

COL: 1.161"

Mixed range brass

All strings were made up of 20 shots

Load (6.7gr HS-6):

HI: 1147 / LO: 1082 / AV: 1120 / ES: 65 / Sd: 13 / Power Factor: 139