Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safe Powder Disposal

Rob Boudrie

Y'all ought to come down to the farm some time (yes we have farms in California). My buddy is a welder and often has surplus Acetylene.

Factor in a few beers, a book of matches and zip-loc bags. Yep. Not a good mix.

The worst is when we realized that he had half a tank left and it was 4am and getting late. The last thing that I remember is Darren (the welder) holding a match over the barrel (again...a little beer involved) and what has become affectionately known as, "The FLASH"......

Since Darren shaves his head anyways, he was okay. At 4am and pitch black, the rest of us had "sun spots". Everyone was fine. And, in our mature, professional manner, once confirmation that all parties involved were alright...a resounding, "SAWEEEET!!!" was the cry of the morning.

Rich

I’m a GM of a fabricating company and during lunchtime I kept hearing a distant, periodic “BOOM”. Not quite like a shotgun but definitely not one of the usual loud sounds I hear all day. I got up from my desk and followed the booms through the deserted plant and out the back door and there were my guys shooting golf balls out of an improvised oxyacetylene “cannon”!

Apparently one of them had bought on old car with a bucket of golf balls in the trunk and, being creative sort of people, someone found and appropriate sized pipe and the cannon was born.

While I stood and watched them light one off they asked me if I wanted to give it a try. I told them that not only did I NOT want to take a turn but also officially I hadn’t seen them or their cannon, for if I had, I’d be forced to fire half of them!

Damn thing would shoot a golf ball 300+ yards! :o:o:D

Ed

WARNING !

Acetylene is some serious stuff !

I shoot pins with a guy who had a trash bag full of the stuff go off in his face, in the garage.

Both eardrums were ruptured, the garage had some structural damage.

Insurance covered the garage, time healed the eardrums. ( I did not know this was even possible ).

Static charge from the plastic bag ?

Travis F.