Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can you put a G35 slide on a G34 frame?

bobby hated

You may get some failures to feed with the 9 ejector. Maybe, maybe not.

Lock the slide back and insert a partially loaded mag. The top round will sit slightly crooked because it is getting moved by

the ejector. Put a 40 ejector in its place and the top cartridge will sit straight.

I've used a 9 ejector for a while but went back to the 40.

Take care,

Dave

so with the 9 frame it wont eject the brass properly?

And I'd be a little concerned because you've got the ejector closer to the primer than you need to, when unloading/showing clear.....

Changing the trigger housing to get the correct ejector in there takes 2 minutes, once you do it a few times....

And I'd be a little concerned because you've got the ejector closer to the primer than you need to, when unloading/showing clear.....

Changing the trigger housing to get the correct ejector in there takes 2 minutes, once you do it a few times....

This is a very good point!

The quickest and easiest way to change the ejector is to remove the rearmost pin in the frame. The one that hold the trigger housing in.

Just lift up on the trigger housing a half inch or so and push the ejector right out of the front of the housing using a 1/16" punch. It pushes out from back to front. Then simply push the new ejector back in the housing, lower the housing back in the frame, and reinsert the pin. Done.

Otherwise, you have to disassemble the most of the receiver to get the trigger housing out.

Take care,

Dave

This poll needs a "maybe". With modern G34/G35 frames made since about late 2001, the frames are the same. Older ones (including some Gen3, and all earlier) the G35 has a "third pin" through the locking block, while the G34 does not. Glock added that to strengthen the locking block...so while you can put a G35 slide on 2-pin G34 frame, shooting it is not recommended.

The quickest and easiest way to change the ejector is to remove the rearmost pin in the frame. The one that hold the trigger housing in.

Just lift up on the trigger housing a half inch or so and push the ejector right out of the front of the housing using a 1/16" punch. It pushes out from back to front. Then simply push the new ejector back in the housing, lower the housing back in the frame, and reinsert the pin. Done.

Otherwise, you have to disassemble the most of the receiver to get the trigger housing out.

Yeah, disassembling the frame takes a whole 15 seconds. Just remove the whole trigger housing assembly and swap out ejectors. Do it right.

Yeah, disassembling the frame takes a whole 15 seconds. Just remove the whole trigger housing assembly and swap out ejectors. Do it right.

By right, you mean your way....

Dave

And the best $5 to $7 you ever spent if you get FTE like I did when I tested it to see if I "needed" to change it on a compact.

Take care,

Dave

That's one way to do it, but I'd rather keep complete trigger housings in stock, than ejectors.....

Actually my real preference is for complete, assembled triggers......

Takes about 2 minutes to do......

Less than 60 seconds if you're in practice.....

Oh, one other thing to mention: When building any FrankenGlock test carefully.

While the design is pretty much capable of allowing one to mix and match parts, occasionally the tolerances all stack in the same direction, and interesting things can occur, like a gun not running or running very efficiently, i.e. doubling and tripling at random.....

Be careful -- load the gun with one round a few times, fire, reload; then two rounds, etc.