Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wolf SP

BOOST

I bought 2 cases of wolf small pistol primers about 3 years ago. One case is lot #13 - 09 opened and fired approximately 2200 rounds with about 100 rounds misfire(in 2010 when I was using my Limited STI) . So deemed all my WOLF primers shitty and use them only for practice, and Winchester SR for matches. And for the past 2 years I've been shooting just my Glocks with Federals...so now I decided to go back to my STI and start reloading practice ammo and this is what I found(see pics) the 2 boxes of primers which is in the plastic bag was kept in another room where is the open box was kept by my reloading table.They are from the same case,and have the same corrosion.

I just open the other case (LOT #10-09), it looks fine doesn't seem to have any corrosion, and not sure if they will all go bang. looks like I'm going to test 100rds from this lot.

post-36086-0-14175300-1359090095_thumb.j

post-36086-0-07946200-1359090117_thumb.j

post-36086-0-73762600-1359090133_thumb.j

post-36086-0-32994500-1359090153_thumb.j

post-36086-0-54061200-1359090168_thumb.j

I had same reliability issue with my BHP, but my STI TruBor shoots them all 100%.

You must have had a LOT of humidity in the one room where the primers got corroded???

I've had primers for ten years, and never seen any corrosion on them - maybe I just

missed it???

Hell, I'd try one anyway, and see what happens, rather than throw 1,000 or 5,000 away.

:cheers:

You must have had a LOT of humidity in the one room where the primers got corroded???

Well, Like I said, I had same corrosion from the same lot and boxes were in two different places.

Actually where I live there is a lot of humidity. But it doesn't seem to affect all of my other Primers such as federal small pistol, federal large Primers, federal small rifle, CCI small pistol and small rifle, Winchester small rifle, Magtech small rifle, And Wolf small rifle.

I wondered why they packed all of their cases in plastic bags. Seems like a bad idea to me so I take them out of the case when I buy them. That being said mine are doing good to see 6months before getting loaded. Not sure I know Federal doesn't package theirs in plastic.

I wondered why they packed all of their cases in plastic bags. Seems like a bad idea to me so I take them out of the case when I buy them. That being said mine are doing good to see 6months before getting loaded. Not sure I know Federal doesn't package theirs in plastic.

Prior to 4 years ago I had no problems with Wolf SP( when it was the gold/yellow color) . Now these silver seems to have a harder cup.