Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another powder question

jwilson007

I use 231 (which by the way is identical to HP-38) for 9, 38, 40 and 45. AA#5 is another good choice. I prefer AA #5 over AA#2 simply because it fills the case better, which is a big help to a new reloader since you will be able to see a double charge of powder. As noted earlier, Unique is another good choice for the new reloader, as it works well in many different calibers.

Just wondering what you want to load .357 for? Hot .38's will be almost as good as .357's and save money because you won't need .357 brass. Unique powder will work well for both though without the need for mag. primers or jacketed bullets if the Berry's are hard enough. I wouldn't worry about double charging if you are careful and load without distractions! Make sure you let family members know to give you time alone to reload and no texting and etc.!!!!!!!!

FWIW

Richard

PS: You might check the reloading section for additional info.

What Bob and the others said about 231..trust Bob..

I've been using 231 for 9mm[2009]/38spl/45acp since 1977..Used Red Dot and Bullseye mixed in there 1st 10 yrs of reloading,..231 is good to start on..

I ran some Win Auto Comp thru the 45 last yr and will be switching to it this year..