Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Montana Gold 9mm 124 JHP not listed anymore - Anybody know why?

austex

I got the same answer. I tried them a few months ago with a 1k sample pack, and FINALLY figured out a load my pistol really likes. Now none available... grrr... I guess it just becomes part of the game, thrill of the hunt kinda stuff....

Edited by Powerslide91

Any thoughts on using the 125 gr for. 357 sig or the 121 gr IFP's? I just want to get something that I can run for sure through a 38 super open gun. I know the 121's will work but I have data for 124/5 gr stuff already worked up.

Kind of a bummer hey don't have the countdown like they do on some of the others it would be nice to have some sort of announcement on the site rather than just having to refresh the page every couple hours. Lol

Back in '08 they had to do similar things to keep up with demand. For a small company they kept up much better than most mainly because they refused to get overwhelmed with huge back orders. Just check the web page every few days.

Any thoughts on using the 125 gr for. 357 sig or the 121 gr IFP's? I just want to get something that I can run for sure through a 38 super open gun. I know the 121's will work but I have data for 124/5 gr stuff already worked up.

Kind of a bummer hey don't have the countdown like they do on some of the others it would be nice to have some sort of announcement on the site rather than just having to refresh the page every couple hours. Lol

I have used the .357 125g JHP bullets in my .356 barreled 38 super for years. Never any problems and excellent accuracy for my gun. YMMV.

I have used the .357 125g JHP bullets in my .356 barreled 38 super for years. Never any problems and excellent accuracy for my gun. YMMV.

Thanks, my barrel is .355 and the Montana gold 357 SIG. Bullets are .355 as well. I was more curious about the nose shape possibly affecting feeding the diameter is good and the weight is right in line with all the data I have for the gun I was just curious as to how the shape might come into play or if I should just play it safe and go with the 121 IFP's and work them up