Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting Match Sunday...

whizz

Hey Whizz, I too shoot a revo in IPSC. My advise to you is plan your stages well. It doesnt matter how many rounds there are in the stage. Have at least six moons or speed loaders with you plus your first load. Shoot fast, reload often. Good Luck

You wil be able to keep your nerves under control :) Just remember, you shoot best when you are calm and relaxed. No difference between an autoloader and a wheelgun, you just have to reload a bit more and have to make every shot count ;)

Are you competing against noone else, or are you competing against the flatgunguys?

Make sure you show up, you already won your division :D

Biggest problem is to eliminate the chatter during the walk through. You have to set your own strategy for six rounds and never mind how the others will shoot.

Take your time and get A hits and have a good time. Everything else will take care of itself.

Regards,

Ditto all of the above advice. Most important have FUN, it will come. Don't be intimidated. It sounds like you may have already shot some USPSA so you know 99.99% are cool guys and gals, if you haven't trust me they are. Remember all of us were once in the same boat. Good shooting Whizz.

whizz,

Remember you are there to shoot YOUR GUN, :) I hear from my autoloading buddies how sorry they are because there are 8 shots in this array, and so forth,

I tell them, "that's OK I am used to it" and besides it just helps with the reload practice.

If at all figure out how to reload on the move, if not possible figure out how to reload into an easy target and/or leave on an easy target.

Don't be afraid to shoot 1 target and leave doing a reload to have all 6 avalilabe for the next array even though you had 4.

But most important. HAVE FUN and be safe.

AND don't get discuraged when they have faster times than you as they are really scared of your revolver and you beating them :D

Hopalong

Whizz. You might look for places in your walk thru that U can reload, while u are moving to a new shooting stance. If u nuturalize reloading time with some thing like this it becomes very competative for a wheelie shooter :P

Like was posted earlier just have a good time and enjoy shooting <_<

Back from today´s match :-) and a bit :-(

I won my division hehehe...

First I am happy as I did not finish last at any stage if I compare my hit factor with the flatgunners.

Out of 37 shooters I placed:

St1 29, St2 35, St3 16 :-), St4 23, St5 21, St6 36, St7 33

But sure mad at myself as I had 6 miss and 2 PT. My goal was to have no such, arrrggghhh... sh_t.

Being a revo newbie, at a couple of long stages I was totally lost when I had, unplanned :-), misses at a popper and a 8 shot "windmill". My planning was straight into the drain after that.

Sure had fun and learned a lot, which I will benefit from at the next match.

Whizz, I shot a match yesterday. Didn't go as planned ;)

Some stages went great, but I screwed two up pretty badly. Shit happens. Just don't take the shit to the next stage ;)

Good going on stage 3 and 4. I'm willing to bet that if you went for all A's at a comfortable speed, you would have been between 16 and 35 on every stage. Keep it up!

Whizz.

Just got back from Nationals last night and saw your post.

Way to go man !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

My first revolver match I had 11 misses, 3 No shoots and was last on all but 1 stage... Have hope.

as for planning gone awry..... it happens, when I break down a stage to shoot, I break it into arrays per reload, if it goes South work through that array, reload and go into the next like nothing ever happened. USUally works for me. :rolleyes:

Hopalong

Whizz.

Just got back from Nationals last night and saw your post.

Way to go man !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

My first revolver match I had 11 misses, 3 No shoots and was last on all but 1 stage... Have hope.

as for planning gone awry..... it happens, when I break down a stage to shoot, I break it into arrays per reload, if it goes South work through that array, reload and go into the next like nothing ever happened. USUally works for me. :rolleyes:

Hopalong