Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cheely Offset Cmore Mount

3gunfun

I just tried to install a sideways offset Cheely Cmore mount and it touches the top of the slide. Has anyone run into this?? Looks like I will need to flattop it, but how much can I take off and what would a safe clearance be when I am done.

I am a machinist and have access to a full shop so no problem there.

Thanks,

I had that problem with the Quinn III so I sent it back. I did some research and found that Cameron Custom Guns has adjusted theirs to fit on round top slides. I ended up with the Brazos offset as opposed to a 90 degree. I just like the vertical mount better. The only reason I was changing was ejection issues.

SR

I guess I will run the upright mount for now. I just think transitioning from limited to open would be easier with the sideways mount. I will flattop slide once I decide on lightning cuts. Thanks

I mounted quite a few of both mounts and the low clearances or no clearance is not always the fault of the mount.

If the frame was drilled and taped for standard mount, the holes can be lower on the frame then the side mounts were designed for. Round slides vs flattop slides add more variance.

If you buy a used mount, highly suggest you ask the seller what kind of slide it was fit for and look at the fit of your current C-more mount. Measure the position of the holes on your frame and compare. I have seen some c-more holes drilled with a slight downward angle for the mount.

Not all parts are plug and play.

I mounted quite a few of both mounts and the low clearances or no clearance is not always the fault of the mount.

If the frame was drilled and taped for standard mount, the holes can be lower on the frame then the side mounts were designed for. Round slides vs flattop slides add more variance.

If you buy a used mount, highly suggest you ask the seller what kind of slide it was fit for and look at the fit of your current C-more mount. Measure the position of the holes on your frame and compare. I have seen some c-more holes drilled with a slight downward angle for the mount.

Not all parts are plug and play.

All items are brand new. Bought the STI TruBor from Dawson and brand new Cheely mount from Shooters Connection. I assume the STI drill pattern for the mount is their standard pattern and what most builders use as a standard. Cheely Mount fits the frame pattern perfectly But .005" here and there would add up to a few not fitting.

Anyone know if the front mounting hole on the C More can be slotted .030" to provide slide clearance???

I wouldn't

It will lose zero

I have both the cheely and Quinn II mounts, and the cheely does sit lower, and further back than the Quinn

If Matt is offering to custom drill a mount for you, go for it, you can't beat his customer service

Or get the Quinn mount

I wouldn't

It will lose zero

I have both the cheely and Quinn II mounts, and the cheely does sit lower, and further back than the Quinn

If Matt is offering to custom drill a mount for you, go for it, you can't beat his customer service

Or get the Quinn mount

OK, I'll keep the dremel in the toolbox :closedeyes: and I would contact Matt but I prefer black. I would also have to return the other to Shooters Connection. No big deal, I'll just shoot it stock for a while and when it's broke in do some slide work, Thanks

You can deal directly with me. If you need a custom mount you can return the one purchased from SC to me, and I'll trade it out.

Thanks Matt!!!!!!!!!!!

PM SENT!!

Just wanted to let everyone know what an awesome guy Matt is(Most of you already know). He is custom drilling a mount today and shipping it tomorrow!!!!!!!! I encourage anyone wanting a Matt Cheely product go directly through them.

Thanks for the AWESOME service Matt. :bow:

You can deal directly with me. If you need a custom mount you can return the one purchased from SC to me, and I'll trade it out.

When it comes to Customer Service Matt is tops. He is always willing to help. Designs and builds some great guns also!!!!

Ran into the same issue with my Trubor, contacted Matt through here and wow, awesome guy.

I'm not sure when he will ship the new mount and or it will be drilled, but I'm sure he will do everything he can.

This guy is amazing and has earned my business for a lifetime.

I'll keep you all posted on the outcome!

He is a great guy, contacted him and my new mount will be here early next week.

I have nothing bad to say about him at all, the customer service is so outstanding, very punctual and on top of everything.

NO ONE should hesitate doing any business with him, you won't be unsatisfied