Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AWESOME practice session

Jake Di Vita

Had the perfect practice session today in getting ready for Nationals.

The club I went to has a practice league every Wednesday night for IDPA. Instead of shooting IDPA I shot steel in one of the un-used bays.

Today's accomplishments include:

.81 draw to a popper at 10 yards. Thought it was a fluke, but then did 2 .83s.

Cleaning a plate rack in 2.5.

Cleaning the Bianchi rack test the first time I have ever shot it. 48 shots, 48 plates.

1.2 draw to plate at 20 yards.

1.8 draw 1 - reload 1. (.87 draw, .93 load).

I'm STOKED. :D:D:P:P

Your right, I need to be willing myself to do it. Nix that, I will do it.

Todd,

Looking forward to it man. I've literally been dry firing for 2 hours a day (at least) since A5. I was so unhappy with my performance there, it kind of kicked me into gear.

Cleaning the Bianchi rack test the first time I have ever shot it. 48 shots, 48 plates.

If you can do that on your first try, you obviously have what it takes to succeed in NRA Action Pistol. You should consider going to the Bianchi Cup next year and teach TGO how it's done with metallic sights!

Wow Jake, that's impressive. Must be nice.

Now listen carefully.....(silence....cricket chirping)......That's the sound of me not practicing. :(

Should be an interesting match, see you there.

Todd,

Thanks, my monitor needed the dust cleaned off --- though I'm sure the owners manual doesn't list coffee as the cleaning agent of choice...... :lol::lol:

I think that we all need to realize that there is no difference between match and practice, that there is only shooting. ;)

How does that saying go? "Free your a$$, and your mind will follow" or something like that comes to mind.

BD,

That's so true, so I actually do practice 2-3 times a month when I shoot matches. Thanks for the reminder. ;) I am going to the range after work this morning to get in a little training time. I can't wait...

Nik,

Glad to be of some service. :D

Jake,

Don't be too hard on yourself. You're doing well and seem to be on your way up for sure...

It seems to me that many of us will never be truly happy with how we shoot because we're striving for perfection (or something like it). I've come away from stages mad, thinking about what went wrong, why I shot 3 or 4 C's. Then people will say, man that was an awesome run....

I have to continually stay focused on the positive. I'm battling with that and I am going win!

See you on the range,

Todd

Just got back from the range again.

Did a few more draws to poppers in the .82 range. Then went up to about 2 or 3 yards on a paper target and did a .66 draw to an A.

Shot the reload standards at 105 points.

Shot a 4.59 el prez with all my hits.

All of these with a witness.

I don't think I could be more prepared for Nats than I am now. I'm pumped!!!

And I attribute it all to dry fire. :)