Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

90 Degree Slide Mount and Comp Question

partyboy424

In the next couple of weeks I'll be picking up another M&P Pro in 9mm so I can have two receivers setup with the same triggers and two .40 uppers so I have a backup for Limited. With the 9mm I'm going to mess around in Open. I won a Cmore earlier in the year (which you guys helped me pick out) Since I shoot primarily Limited, I want to mount the Dot as close to the Irons height as possible. However, I don't want to drill into my frame or even make up a nifty mount that has to come off everytime I shoot Limited and then deal with zeroing every time I remount it.

So, I have two questions. 1, Has anyone milled out the top of a slide on any of their open guns and bolted a mount to the slide that hung off the left side and made a 90 degree mount for an Optic and if so did the weight hanging off the side screw anything up either with slide reliability or control?

2, I'll be getting a compensator and a threaded barrel for 9mm Major, I see all these posts of guys red loctighting their compensators on. How the hell do you get the barrel out? Do you take a torch to it everytime to remove the Comp?

1 never seen a micro dot mounted 90 deg seen many milled into the back of the slide so the bottom of lens is pretty close to flush with the top of the slide.

2 most (GLOCK, XD(m), M+P) just don't take the barrel out of the slide. pretty easy to just clean it in place.

Mike