Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need Help ! JP's phones are busy, I Need to make a Decision

gennaro

I appreciate eveyones input on this unfortunate topic. So I went online, put the order in yesturday ( for a JP-15 ), and at the end it stated someone would contact me.... Okay, does anyone have any idea when that might happen ?

Many Thanks,

Gennaro

The web site at JP says they will contact the purchaser for FFL information and payment after you submit rifle build in 1 to 2 days.

Usually Ben is the person you will hear from. He will go over the build and answer questions then collect payment. I would be surprised if you don't hear from them for a few days.

Good luck!

I received an e-mail asking me to call to confirm and pay for my rifle. I've been trying for 2 days now and I'm embarrassed to say how many busy signals I've received.

I wish I could just pay for the rifle and get my place in line...

I appreciate eveyones input on this unfortunate topic. So I went online, put the order in yesturday ( for a JP-15 ), and at the end it stated someone would contact me.... Okay, does anyone have any idea when that might happen ?

Many Thanks,

Gennaro

Gennaro, these guys are solid, awesome people and right now they are swamped trying to build rifles. Don't worry for one second, they will take care of you 100%. JP is as good a company to deal with as I have ever encountered. Staffed with knowledgeable, friendly, hard working people, your in great hands, sit back and enjoy the ride the wait will be more than worth it.

Tar

I received an e-mail asking me to call to confirm and pay for my rifle. I've been trying for 2 days now and I'm embarrassed to say how many busy signals I've received.

Not sure if you haven't already done this, but perhaps you could write a short email explaining how hard you have been trying to call, leave your number, and ask them to give you a call to confirm and pay, your good to go.

sleepswithdogs,

I know that JP is a great company and that is why I wanted them to build my first AR. I was hoping to have a little bit more time, to save up, and do this right, but it seems I may be pushed into it sooner than I expected. I know they are completely swamped right now, and I don't mind waiting at all, I would just like to secure a spot in line like everyone else. And like everyone else, we are all a little bit nervous on how fast this government might act. We all enjoy the sport of shooting, and we would like to continue that tradition.

I'm hoping for the best, and trusting that the JP company will be able to help all of us out, who would like to purchase one of their fine competition rifles. Thanks again for your input and ease of mind, I greatly appreciate it.

Best of luck to us all,

Gennaro.

Its so bad right now I couldnt even buy a A1/A2 receiver extension from them for my LRP-07. I was told they could not sell any parts at this time that would hinder possible rifle building. It was a FIXED receiver extension for pete sakes, ugg. All I can do is shake my head.

I'm with you Gennaro, I am trying to purchase a Glock 34 and being pushed into the buy, (if I can find one) way sooner than i would have liked. I don't want to take a chance that I may not be able to get one so I'm going all out to make it happen.

Your going to love your new JP, I have a franken gun that's mostly JP and it surpasses my expectations. The thought and quality he puts into every part is remarkable.

I'm hoping cooler heads will prevail and things will remain the same. If 30 round mags are banned, it will be a huge line in the sand for 3g, either you have a big mag or you don't. I don't expect revisions in comp layout to make 10 round mags competitive.

What has me quite concerned is that the founding fathers were quite specific on why we needed the 2nd amendment, it was to protect our families and to protect us against tyrannical government. With events like the following, coupled with potential gun legislation, I think there is great cause for alarm.

"In his last official act of business in 2011, President Barack Obama signed the National Defense Authorization Act from his vacation rental in Kailua, Hawaii. In a statement, the president said he did so with reservations about key provisions in the law — including a controversial component that would allow the military to indefinitely detain terror suspects, including American citizens arrested in the United States, without charge."

"Barack Obama has abandoned a commitment to veto a new security law that allows the military to indefinitely detain without trial American terrorism suspects arrested on US soil who could then be shipped to Guantánamo Bay.

Human rights groups accused the president of deserting his principles and disregarding the long-established principle that the military is not used in domestic policing. The legislation has also been strongly criticized by libertarians on the right angered at the stripping of individual rights for the duration of "a war that appears to have no end"

The law, contained in the defense authorization bill that funds the US military, effectively extends the battlefield in the "war on terror" to the US and applies the established principle that combatants in any war are subject to military detention."

I think it was Thomas Jefferson who wrote, " The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.

I believe it was George Mason who wrote,"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians.

Lastly is was one of our greatest founding fathers who wrote, "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."

- George Washington

These are lessons in history, guide posts for our lives, from our founding fathers that shall not be lost in time. We need to remember what the constitution stands for, and back it 100% even if it means needing to give our leaders a corrective heading.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

Tar

Edited by Sleepswithdogs

Not sure if you haven't already done this, but perhaps you could write a short email explaining how hard you have been trying to call, leave your number, and ask them to give you a call to confirm and pay, your good to go.

I sent an email this afternoon. Told them that I haven't been able to get through and wanted to pay for the rifle. I promised not take one second more than necessary from their day.

I sent an email this afternoon. Told them that I haven't been able to get through and wanted to pay for the rifle. I promised not take one second more than necessary from their day.

Good thinking. Figured you'd be ahead of me! :) I'm quite positive you can work it out with them. I've had several conversations with Ben, e.t., al., at JP and I'm quite sure they will do their very best to make everyone happy. These are quality people doing their best in difficult times.

If you haven't already, don't forget to secure as many 30 round mags as you can, as rapidly as possible.

Tar

Edited by Sleepswithdogs

Good thinking. Figured you'd be ahead of me! :) I'm quite positive you can work it out with them. I've had several conversations with Ben, e.t., all at JP and I'm quite sure they will do their very best to make everyone happy. These are quality people doing their best in difficult times.

If you haven't already, don't forget to secure as many 30 round mags as you can, as rapidly as possible.

Tar

Thanks for the encouragement. This will be my first rifle. I've fondled a couple but I've never shot one.

Don't think that I've heard anything negative associated with JP and I'm in the 'buy once, cry once' 'you get what you pay for' camp.

Again, I appreciate assurances.

Trickpony,

Thats great news. I know we are into the holidays now, is JP going to take the next week off and regroup to take on all these new builds ? I'm wondering because I placed the order on line a couple of days ago, and I wasn't sure when I might be contacted to complete the order and secure a spot in line. I know they are already overwhelmed , and that they have had to keep the parts in stock, to complete builds. I guess I'm just nervous that they might have to announce next, that they can no longer take in any more orders, before I even get a chance to secure a spot on the list. Do you have any thoughts on that possibly happening ? And thank you so very much for your response to our situation, It is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again, and best regards,

Gennaro.

Trickpony,

Thats great news. I know we are into the holidays now, is JP going to take the next week off and regroup to take on all these new builds ? I'm wondering because I placed the order on line a couple of days ago, and I wasn't sure when I might be contacted to complete the order and secure a spot in line. I know they are already overwhelmed , and that they have had to keep the parts in stock, to complete builds. I guess I'm just nervous that they might have to announce next, that they can no longer take in any more orders, before I even get a chance to secure a spot on the list. Do you have any thoughts on that possibly happening ? And thank you so very much for your response to our situation, It is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again, and best regards,

Gennaro.

Our orders for Match Ready Rifles had been taking 3 weeks from order to ship, we were surprised it's only 15 weeks now as some other companies are telling us 20+ weeks. I assume JP will shut down between Christmas and New Years but they are working as hard as they can to get orders confirmed and product shipped. I've got no idea when they'll have a chance to confirm your order but they'll do their best to contact you when they can I'm sure.

We've got JP, Ruger, ADCOR, Daniel Defense, Colt, CMMG, DPMS rifles all on the way but as you can imagine will be sold before they arrive.

We have let a few threads ride that drifted into politics during the past week or so. We've (Moderators) also talked it over as a Team.

We are completely and utterly done with the political talk here on this forum. Please don't start another thread on it, don't drift a thread in that direction, and don't participate in a thread somebody else might slip in or drift.

Thank you.