Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MADD fund raiser - San Antonio, TX - 12/29/2012

Ladies and Gentlment (and the rest of you shooters):

The local representatives of MADD approached the Bullet Hole Shooting Range and asked that we host a fund-raising shooting event. The range agreed and I have been tasked with directing the match.

On December 29, 2012, the Bullet Hole Shooting Complex will hold a match to held raise funds for Mother's Against Drunk Drivers. All match proceeds will be donated to MADD. MADD initially thought they'd hold an LEO only match. I talked her out of it as I did not think that we could raise the $1000 they hoped to generate on LEO only. If you are LEO, don't be insulted, just show up and prove me wrong.

Here is what will happen. We will have 4 stages of 20-30 required rounds. Expect to shoot a bit more than 100 rounds but not more than 150. Essentially 4 field courses.

The LEO and Mil-Per will shoot starting at 9:00 am. Their courses of fire will be accuracy only, but with many moving and disappering targets (swingers, drop turners, clamshells) the challenge will be substantial. There will be a traveling trophy for the agency which fields a team of 3 shooters which scores the highest points. There will be recognition of the LEO/Mil-Per who scores the highest. MADD is seeking donation of prizes. Contact me for a set of the rules if you are interested.

At 11:00 am, the USPSA match will start. Standard USPSA rules, divisions, classes. MADD is also seeking prizes for the top finishers at the USPSA match. If anyone cares to help us round up some nice prizes, please do so.

The match fee will be $35 if you shoot the LEO/Mil-Per Only match, $35 if you shoot the USPSA match, or $50 if you shoot both. The LEO/Mil-Per match is for LEO/Mil-Per only. But they are welcome to shoot the USPSA match.

This is about raising funds for MADD. Please consider joining us on Saturday, December 29, 2012.

Steve,

What qualifies as a "service/duty holster"? I want to shoot my 1911, but I can only find my Bladetech DOH. Is that good enough?

I'll be there either way, just need to get the gear worked out!

Thanks,

-Randy

Since I learned from MADD there will be some non-LEOs shooting the LEO/MIL-PER match I opened to everyone. Same fee structure- $35 to shoot one (either LEO/MIL-PER or USPSA) and $50 to shoot both.

Since there is no time component in the LEO/MIL-PER match your holster won't matter.

If you shoot the USPSA match then you register in the appropriate Division for your equipment to be legal.

I don't want this to turn into a rules match. It's a fun match- donate some money to MADD, shoot some, maybe bring home a trophy and a small prize.

If we are shooting the USPSA match only what time do you want us there for sign up?

The match will now start at 9:00 am FOR EVERYONE.

(or when everyone is registered, which ever comes first)

Regsitration will start at 8:00 am.

Hope to see ya there!

Edited by Steven Cline

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

The Bullet Hole Practical Shooters will host a fund raiser match for Mothers Against Drunk Drivers.

There will be trophies for USPSA HOA, and Top Open, Limited, and Production shooters.

All divisions recognized, but only trophies for O, L, and P.

Registration will start at 8:00 am, Match starts as soon as all are registered (or 9:00 am, whichever comes first).

There are two matches happening- $35 to shoot one, or $50 to shoot both

There is an accuracy only match called the LEO/MIL-PER match and a USPSA match. If you shoot both you shoot the LEO/MIL-PER accuracy match first and when finished, rotate through the stages and shoot 'em again by USPSA rules:

Each member of the squad shoots the stage once then rotates. When finished, those who paid for both, "matches" rotate through again and shoot the stages again by USPSA rules. Yes- if you paid only for the USPSA match, then during the first rotation you are shooting by USPSA rules with your squad.

The LEO/MIL-PER trophies are reserved for the LEO/MIL-PER shooters and team.

There is also over $1000 on the prize table.

You need not be present to win. We will run some random drawings on the names of all entrants so that not all prizes go to the top shooters. Everyone gets a chance to win.

Minimum round count for USPSA is 83; lots of movers and no-shoots. Maximum round count for the LEO/MIL-PER match is 141.

For $50 you can shoot 8 stages, almost 200 rounds, donate to a worthy cause, and possibly win a trophy and a prize. What better way to end the year?!

Via the Texas IPSC email communications an observation was made:

I find it interesting that MADD has requested support from the shooting community, particularly in light of recent events and the public outcry for more gun control that followed.

I'm not sure I can make the match but want to make a donation; where can I send a check and how should it be made payable? (If directly to MADD, it's tax deductible and opens the door to corporate matching funds*) This is a tremendous opportunity to positively influence the local community and as Second Amendment supporters, we need to take advantage of it!

Our contact at MADD responded:

Good afternoon,

I have definitely received some less than friendly responses to our competition after the Sandy Hook tragedy. Actually, I’m only a couple of towns away from Newtown CT right now with my family as I’m writing you this email – so it hit very close to home for me.

We are hosting this event, thanks to the help of Steve Cline and the Bullet Hole Shooting Complex, in order to give our law enforcement/military (some of our biggest supporters and partners) a chance to hone their skills for a cause, and also, to reach out to those who may not get involved in our other events throughout the year and find this to be an enjoyable event for a cause. We just want something for everybody, and this is not to make light of the situation in CT by any means. Thank you for understanding that.

I sincerely appreciate your support – we WILL be making this an annual event, but will be sure it’s not so close to the holidays next year – so hopefully you can make it out then!

We greatly appreciate any donations/contributions – you can either call with credit card information to 512-450-4646 or mail a donation to:

MADD

Attn: Caitlin Martone

110 Broadway Street, Suite 442

San Antonio TX 78205

I can provide you with our tax information as we are a 501c3 nonprofit organization and your gift is completely tax deductible.

Please let me know if you have any questions – thank you so much again for your generosity and support.

How ya like them apples?

MADD has stood up to political pressure and said this is not about gun control or Sandy Hook.

They deserve our thanks and support for that. Please consider coming and shooting. If not, send a dontation to MADD at the address Caitlin provided.

Edited by Steven Cline

In case you missed the email sent out by Caitlin of MADD...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Good afternoon everyone –

Thank you all so much for being a part of MADDs 1st Annual Top Shot Contest. We had such a great time working with everyone and seeing how much fun everyone was having (all in the midst of some good competition).

We are already looking forward to next year – and hope that you are too. We absolutely welcome any comments, criticisms, suggestions, etc etc – please just email me with whatever you have (good or bad – I would love to hear how we can make next year better).

Please visit http://www.madd.org/...ot-Contest.html to see photos from Saturday as well as the comprehensive results.

Thanks to everyone who volunteered their time to help set this up, to Steve Cline for taking time out of an already busy schedule to make this an amazing event, and for all of your generous donations. It was a successful day at the range!

Happy New Year – we’ll see you in 2013!

Caitlin Martone

Special Events Manager

Mothers Against Drunk Driving

South Texas Affiliate Office

110 Broadway, Suite 442

San Antonio, TX 78205

210.349.0200 direct

210.349.9204 fax

888.686.6233 toll-free

Edited by Jerome