Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

H141 and Kmag question

CleverUsername

Since the H141 base pad increased the internal dimensions of the magazine making it longer you need to offset that with a longer spring. At a bare minimum you would need to use an 11 coil spring. This can be used with the stock follower or a grams follower. The stock follower consumes more space inside the magazine so you will not be able to get as many rounds in it verses using a grams follower. If you get a H141 base pad and use the grams 11 coil spring and grams follower you can get 21 rounds in the .40 mags. You might only be able to get 19 rounds if you use the stock follower. If you try to use the stock spring and follower with the H141 base pad you will have jamming issues because the stock spring isn't long enough to work properly with the extended base pad.

I was able to get the same capacity with the stock follower in my 9mm mags.

But :

you have to shave a tiny bit off the follower legs

you need to shape the front of the follower so it doesn't catch on the junction of the mag and the base pad

you need an 11 coil spring and the grams kit isn't much more than a spring alone (and you don't have to screw with anything)

I posted a thread on this a while back

Edited by Nealio

There is a standard follower (for mags without a spacer in them: 10mm, .38 Super, .45 ACP), and a short follower for mags that DO have a spacer (9mm, .40 S&W). The short one has a "9" at the end of the part number:

FKS-11 (11 coil STI follower kit)

FKS9-11 (11 coil STI follower kit for spacer mags)

The one you want is something like (I think he uses a T? )

FKT-11

FKT9-11

You have to call him either way for the Tanfoglio specific ones....

Edited by Nealio

Same results as Nealio. K9 mag with factory spring and follower + H141 pad = 22 rounds reloadable. The Grams kit got me 24 reloadable, but would hang at the bottom. I run this setup at weekly matches, works like a champ. I drilled a hole in the bottom of the pad to use the factory spring pad for easier disassembly.