Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What mods allowed on a G34 for prodution?

midvalleyshooter

First let me apologize for my lack of knowledge:) It been a few years since I shot any USPSA. I shot some IDPA starting about 1998 and for the last couple, cowboy action. I am a little weary of dressing up and hauling all that iron around in a gun cart:) I miss the days of t-shirts, shorts, running shoes and one gun in a bag:)

I'm setting up a G34 for next season. I plan to use it in USPSA production and IDPA/ssp or esp. What mods are allowed for production? I read the rules and a 2 ounce over stock weight limit is mentioned. How is this applied at the matches.

Thanks,

Keith

I've yet to encounter a scale --- but that might change one of these days. My major mods were replacing the guiderod with a tungsten rod and ISMI 13lb. spring and installing a set of Bo-Mar's drop in sights. I polished all the trigger components and installed Wolff's reduced power striker spring amd Lightning Strike's striker safety plunger and spring. Adding EricW's Tru-Grip grip tape and applying some of Flexmoney's patented nail polish barber pole to the inside edge of the magwell were the final two modifications.

Put decent sights on the thing. Doesn't matter what they are as long as they aren't plastic. Then shoot the gun until you *need* to change something. You can whoop some serious booty just by shooting while every one else is screwing with their guns or making silly posts on internet forums.

err....umm....excuse me.... :huh: