Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holsters....

jnshapiro

I have a 012 right now. Only it doesn't quite suit my draw. I tend to come from the inside (close to my body) to the outside with my hand motion. It's just the way that I'm put together. The 012 doesn't have that type of adjustment and so once in a while it doesn't release smoothly.

So, what holsters have that type of adjustment and how do they work?

Thanks!

Joel (looking for the right tools for the job) Shapiro

Try using some washers to re-angle your 012. I'll try to post a pic of what I did to mine. I only needed 2 washers to really change the angle of my holster. My problem was that I kept ripping the nail of my middle finger off on the screw on the belt hanger.

(Personally, I'm pretty tired of my 012 and am going to try plain ol' kydex. The 012 is still a good holster, though)

I'm thinking of trying one of those, because it will aleviate some of the "digging" I have to do sometimes to get my hand on the gun. The downside is that it's substantially different from my carry holster, which is my primary interest (and coincidentally what I use for IDPA most of the time). My standard Blade-Tech belt holster is similar enough for USPSA use, but a little safer than my BraveHeart IWB for reholstering, etc.

I kind of wish I'd ordered the dropped, offset for my BDM for production, but ...