Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

APEX Trigger

TheBoss

Does anyone else have an APEX trigger who cannot feel the trigger reset?

My split times are off of where they should be, and i think it may be because I am taking the trigger all the way back because I can't feel the reset.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You can get the RAM or just bend the trigger bar a bit to get a more positive reset. I had the same issue and found a post on there from want2race that had a nice pictoral of what to bend and where, just dont remember where its at. If you dont want to bend anything or are worried, get the RAM and call it a day.

You can get the RAM or just bend the trigger bar a bit to get a more positive reset. I had the same issue and found a post on there from want2race that had a nice pictoral of what to bend and where, just dont remember where its at. If you dont want to bend anything or are worried, get the RAM and call it a day.

This...

I bent mine and reset a lot better.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Who has it installed? How does it function?

I've got one. It helps my speed out the most out of any of the upgrades -- the sear does the most for my accuracy.

It works extremely well -- there's a very palpable reset instead of nothing. It's not the magnitude of a Glock's reset, maybe a bit less even than a very well worn 92FS, but it's very much there.

As for how it accomplishes its function, as well as I can understand it, it provides additional lateral tension on the trigger bar so that it disengages from the sear loudly. However, given my other thread on M&P internals I would absolutely appreciate a more detailed explanation from some kind of actual gunsmith.