Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Custom 40 vs Limited Custom 40 II

RGC

Aside from the finish and grips, what are the differences between the two?

I am a stainless/nickel look guy myself, but trying to figure out what warrants the $300 difference between the two.

The ONLY difference is that the "2" is black. Not sure if that warrants a $300 price bump or not. If the black coating is an IonBond Diamond Black coating then it would be worth the extra $$$. If it is any other weak sauce coating then its a waste of money.

But people spend crazy money on "Fashion" every day. So maybe some people are willing to pay a decent amount of extra money to have it black instead of silver.

If I recall correct the limited custom II has cuts on both sides of the slide which will give you an overall lighter slide. I have seen the limited II comes in both finishes here in Canada { I am talking about Tanfoglios here not sure how EAA models are though }.

Actually I was looking at the differences between the LC and LC2. I am in Canada as well, so the Tanfoglio version.

From what I see from the Canadian importer's website, the lightening cuts are on both models.

So if the difference is finish only, I'll be siding on the LC. Can anyone comment on the LC finish (ie, does it have that satin nickel look, hard chromed, gloss or machined, etc)? Unfortunately, not are available to me locally to fondle.....

Thanks Clever and Neal.......exactly what I was looking for...........LC it is..........now if I could just get rid of a Trojan in 40, I won't get the wife's attention............heh..........