Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best hotel near PASA Park in Illinois

If you are coming from Indiana, you might want to stay in South Jacksonville, IL. They have several nice hotels and are just off the interstate (I-72). Its a decent drive, about 45 miles East of PASA Park. Jacksonville has plenty of shopping and eating establishments. And, South Jacksonville is East of Pasa Park (Barry, IL) so it might be more convenient coming from Indiana.

If you drive to Quincy, you would have to go another 35 miles past PASA Park heading West.

Quincy is a very nice historic town with some nice hotels, shopping, and eating establishments (about 35 miles NW of PASA Park), but again, South Jacksonville might be a little more convenient if coming from Indiana (45 miles East of PASA Park).

Another alternative would be to stay in Hannibal, MO, which is due West of PASA Park by 23 miles. It's also very nice, historic and scenic town. Has a few nice hotels, places to eat, etc. It's the home of Mark Twain and is popular with tourists.

There is no place to stay in Barry, IL (home of PASA Park). It is a very small town just off of I-72. Has a couple convenience stores and a Wendy's just off the interstate. And that's about it.

I live about an hour East of PASA Park.

I picked the microtel because it is the match hotel for SSC and figured some M and GM shooters might stay there for area 5. I figured I could trade beers for shooting wisdom, but I think I will check out some places in MO. I like the idea of a sub 30 min drive to and from the match.

Thanks for the tips.

I'm partial to the Best Western in Hannibal. Nice rooms, indoor pool and hot tub. Several good restaurants within walking distance, and 20 minutes from the range. Best of all is that it's in a gun friendly state.

The match hotel will probably be the Holliday Inn in Quincy,

Hannibal is a little closer to Berry.

Hannibal is a small town, I perfer it to Quincy but if you need anything you will most likely end up driving to Quincy to get it.

Cant remember where I stayed in Hannibal but it was on the river and had a nice hot tub.