Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XS Sights

malagamarksman

I have a Norinco NP28 9mm double stack. It has a 3lb trigger and is EXTREMELY accurate and reliable. I was thinking of shooting it in IPSC STANDARD division next year.

The problem is the stock sights are just that, bog standard 1911, very small.

With my 54 year old eyes these sights are of no use for anything other than slow fire. Has anybody tried the XS sights for IPSC use. Either big dot or standard dot ?

post-31812-0-55119800-1354558090_thumb.j

I have used them on my 1911. they are "ok" for short range work with teh big dot, but get pretty marginal for precision work as ranges increases much past 10 yds for me. i do not prefer them to a traditional fo front.

I have them on my carry gun (LW Officers ACP) and they are very fast to pick up for my 66 yo eyes but not good for precision. I got a good deal on a sight cert. but if I had it to do over I would stay with the old sights.

Richard

Ok, I will start off with I know everyone is different as far as what works for them. Not so much in this thread, but in most where people talk about the XS sights no one ever has anything good to say about them as far as accuracy. To me when shooting fast, not having to wait for the front post to level out in the back notch saves me a lot of time and my accuracy is probably the same or a little better with the XS sights for close-in fast shooting but much faster than with post and notch. at medium distances with the Big Dots the accuracy can still be there if you don't automatically go into it convinced you shouldnt be able to group rounds. The pic I attached is 10 rounds at about 15 yards with my G35 with Big Dots. The solo flier was the first round. I am by no means a great shot and most on this board could probably do better if they tried. Long story short, don't discount them until you try them. If you have and just don't like them well thats where "everyone is different as far as what works for them" comes in. I just wanted to give another view point. Take care.

jay

post-44010-0-89295000-1355204217_thumb.j

Edited by gator098