Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

20" HBAR A2 for 3 Gun?

Storz

Yeah, man. Come shoot it! Can you get to Tarheel 3-Gun in Haw River, NC? This Saturday's match is full, but you could wait list or watch. I'll be in Squad 3, starting on Stage 3. We have a few people shooting Tactical Irons as well as Tactical non-magnified (1x optics only). If not this Saturday then check the schedule for the January match. First Saturday in January, I think.

Yeah, man. Come shoot it! Can you get to Tarheel 3-Gun in Haw River, NC? This Saturday's match is full, but you could wait list or watch. I'll be in Squad 3, starting on Stage 3. We have a few people shooting Tactical Irons as well as Tactical non-magnified (1x optics only). If not this Saturday then check the schedule for the January match. First Saturday in January, I think.

Thanks for the invite! I won't be able to make it next weekend, and I shoot USPSA @ Sir Walter on the first Sat in Jan. I really do want to come and check it out sometime though. I'll look you up once I can make an event :)

Quick question. How do you guys like your slings mounted? In the traditional buttstock location, or with one of adapter mounts up near the receiver? What are the advantages of each? Standard A2 fixed stock...

With the exception of some matches like Blue Ridge, you don't want a sling on a 3-gun rifle. They serve only to get in the way.

That being said, they are necessary for a couple of matches. I will let someone who has shot Blue Ridge chime in with pertinent info about ideal sling setups.

This year, I shot 3 large matches, He Man Nationals, Rocky Mountain 3 Gun and FNH. All 3 required a sling at one point or another. FNH's requirement was if you decided not to shoot the rifle at all in the stage, you had to have it slung and bounce around during the stage.

I've been using Vtac slings, they easily loosen for shooting your rifle. I use a regular Uncle Mike's sling swivel on the front, and the Vtac buttstock adapter for the A2 stock.

Quick question. How do you guys like your slings mounted? In the traditional buttstock location, or with one of adapter mounts up near the receiver? What are the advantages of each? Standard A2 fixed stock...

WIth an A2 Stock-the sling mount at the Bottom-use a 2 point sling. Depends on what kind of forearm you are using, but generally you can get a sling mount for most forearms from the people who make the forearm. I find no advantage to VTAC vs. Vickers Blue Force Gear slings. Either one is good. That is a big piece of hardware, not suitable for a one point sling. One point slings are for switching shoulders quickly around corners, and for riding in vehicles more easiIy. Not for an A2. I don't find slings get in the way at all. Unless they are mounted wrong. If you do not start with the rifle slung, then it's a dumb stage.