Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting like s..t !

Julien Boit

I just reviewed my results stage by stage after the Europeans.

Man, I've never shot so badly in years !

Slow times, and some penalties (110 points :blink: ) killed my first day, plus the other days.

I never get back on the race ending at a poor 61st place at 80.86%

Without all those penalties, i should have ended around 20s.

That just sucks !

I thought I was ready, been practicing shooting on the move, reloads, bobbers and so...

But have you ever shot a running bobber ?

Yes, a bobber that slides and bobs at the same time :wacko:

I just need to get my fingers out of my a** and start training again for next year !

Julien, I was discussing the same thing with forum member A33435 at the EC2004. I looked at the scores of the Standard shooters too. I seemed like very few standard/production shooters had shot a solid/consistent match. The open, modified and revolver guys all shot pretty consistently.

My only theory is that most of the targets looked pretty "hoseable" but were in fact quite difficult shots for iron sights. And since there were so many moving targets with slow activators, a lot of the shooting had to be done in between activating the movers/bobbers and shooting the mover/bobber. Forced timed shooting at hard targets surrounded by no-shoots....well....sh!t happens :(

Open/Modified guys can make the hard shots easier/faster with dots 'n comps. Revolver shooters can't shoot many targets in between so they have different solutions for stages. The Standard/Production guys usually pick the same strategy as the Open guys, but without dots those partials are just a tad harder. Just my 2 cents.

I had a league at one point last year that we don't ever talk about. No one at the range dares to mention it in my presence. I've had a couple of them in 2-3 years. I simply realized there were reasons (of some sort) for it, tried to address them, and endured the temporary mortification. Yet it was mortification nonetheless, temporary or otherwise. I'm just glad I still have a range to go to and shooting friends who'll still talk to me. :rolleyes:

Where do i start...

lost our guns in Amsterdam 11 hour delay.

Got stung by bees twice on weak hand

In 16000 rounds no jams, second stage faliur to extract, seven sec of pace, this happened another four times even after changing the extractor.Turned out to be the firing pin stop plate,got it all right on day three,but now confidence gone out the window and already 130 points down due to jams, then i go shoot four pts and two mikes,82% 49th. atleast our team came fourth,other wise a great match, i could not get used to the blue hard cover and the yellow pts.

EricW:

This is now a felony to whistle the French anthem and to do something against the flag. :D

I had never and would never whistles at any anthem, from any country, this is simply a sign of respect.

BTW, as this is the right place to do so, I must say I was sadened by the fact that people left the ceremony before the final ending, this is a great mark of disrespect upon other countries who stood to the end.

BTW, as this is the right place to do so, I must say I was sadened by the fact that people left the ceremony before the final ending, this is a great mark of disrespect upon other countries who stood to the end.

I'm with you man! I stayed till the last teams got their prizes.

Jon,

that's terrific! You've obviously exorcised all your demons and bad luck --- and are ready for a great experience at the NATS. I on the other hand shot a pretty good match at the Mid-Atlantic Sectional.......

.......and am really trying not to let that go to my head.......

I'm still steaming and smokin' from the LAST big-bore league fiasco... <_< but ya' know...? I'm going to shoot in the fall league again come hell or, well, whatever! Besides, I'm getting a new trigger and we've adjusted the sights again on the 1911. Things can only get better. Moreover, I like being with my shooting friends. B) And it amazes me how supportive they are.