Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tac Sport with CZC custom barrel bushing.

Neomet

I got my back after some FedEx drama but a snow storm and an ice storm has kept me from the range. I can tell it's a tighter lock up "up front" where they installed the bushing. The barrel could use a little tighter lock up at the rear lug but that is no fault of CZ Custom. They also were nice enough to refinish my slide but it will sadly be stripped after I "test" fire it.

I'm not sure what distance the test group was shot from, or if it's just a function test, but here it is.....

IMG_20130117_170036.jpg

IMG_20130117_165919.jpg

Let me know how it shoots before the bushing and after. Iam interested in this even though I know it don't need it but if it really tightens up the groups Iam all in.

I just got back from the range (blew off an afternoon of work) and the IPSC Standard with the bushing shot quite well. I was using 5.0gr of VV320 behind a Precision Delta 180gr flat point (around 940fps). At 21 yards I was able to put 5 rounds in one of those 3" bullseye "Shoot-n-See" targets. That will be just fine for USPSA. I had a better group with 8.0gr of HS6 behind a Montana Gold 155gr HP but they are too snappy for my taste.

Also went down to a 12lb recoil spring with a lightened slide.

So is the bushing worth the expense?

Is it a must have for everyone? Nah, the weapon is quite accurate but this refines it. I like gadgets and any mechanical advantage to overcome my lack of practice and dedication...so yes it was worth it for me.