Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA customer service?

katmol

I've been emailing EAA's customer service for the past couple of weeks about the #999175 9mm/22lr combo. They informed me that these would be shipping in 60 to 90 days. So I put a deposit down with my gun dealer on one.

Today I emailed EAA to ask if the .45acp conversion kit they sell would work on the frame that comes with the 9mm/22lr combo I have on order. Got the same customer rep and now she or he, not sure who Cheryl is, says the combo is discontinued!

Very frustrating!

Can anybody shead some light on this for me!

Thanks

Edited by katmol

Part of the reason for the less-than-robust response is that you posted this in the "introduce yourself" sub-forum.

Other than that, I've never heard of EAA accused of having good customer service. I mean, I'm sure there are folks who would love to at least try an Eric 2010 Open gun, but see if you can find one in the States. Likewise, there are loads of people who would like to see if a stock 2 or stock 3 would work as their production gun, but importation of 9mm models is slow to say the least. And let's not even talk about spare parts - if Henning or EGW doesn't have it, you're not likely to find it. Ultimately I think Tanfos are awesome, but the support from their importers is lacking to say the least.

Part of the reason for the less-than-robust response is that you posted this in the "introduce yourself" sub-forum.

Other than that, I've never heard of EAA accused of having good customer service. I mean, I'm sure there are folks who would love to at least try an Eric 2010 Open gun, but see if you can find one in the States. Likewise, there are loads of people who would like to see if a stock 2 or stock 3 would work as their production gun, but importation of 9mm models is slow to say the least. And let's not even talk about spare parts - if Henning or EGW doesn't have it, you're not likely to find it. Ultimately I think Tanfos are awesome, but the support from their importers is lacking to say the least.

I agree, but wouldn't of put it so nice.

Just looking at your pistol I would guess it's a large frame in which case, the .45 conversion would fit. I would wait it you get the gun in hand, then CALL EAA (don't do anything over the website or email, trust me), give them the serial number, tell them you want the .45 conversion, they will tell you for sure and get it ordered for you. I recommend the long slide conversion kit, you won't regret it.

Can anybody shead some light on this for me!

What are you looking for more information on?

If someone here has insight into whether or not they are importing this 9mm/.22 ? Or are you asking why EAA customer service doesn't seem to be consistent?

Hey Nealio,

I was really wanting info on if they are still importing the 9mm/.22 combo. From what I could find out they have discontinued that and are now only shipping the .45/.22 combo. I've got one of the .45/.22 combos ordered now and will just order the 9mm convertion kit later.

I see you are in Meridian, I'm in Nampa. Do you know a good gunsmith around here that could handle fitting the 9mm kit?

Thanks

That's good to know. The combo I've got ordered is supposed to have the full size steel frame .45 so hopefuly that will be the case. But reading on their website they have this CYA statement, "The parts and conversion kits must first be fitted to your firearm by a competent Gunsmith."

Do you have one of the conversions?

Do you have one of the conversions?

I don't have an official conversion kit, but I have swapped my sides around a lot and shot the resulting gun with no issues:

6" .45 Hunter slide on my 9mm Limited frame (Ran the Idaho Section USPSA match this way)

4" .45 Witness-P slide on my Match frame

4" .45 Witness-P slide on my Hunter frame

4.75" 9mm Limited slide on my Hunter frame

4.75" 10mm Match slide on my Witness-P frame

4.75" 9mm Match slide on my Witness-P frame

3.8" 9mm Witness-P compact slide on my Witness-P frame

3.8" 9mm Witness-P compact slide on my Match frame

The standard Witness and Witness-P guns seem to be a tad looser on the tolerances, so they should take any slide. The "Elite" guns (Limited, Hunter, Stock II, Limited Pro, etc) are a little tighter on the slide to frame fit, so its a roll of the dice. My 10mm Match slide is a little too tight on my 9mm Limited frame, but my .45 6" slide works fine.

Are the Hogue grips little thinner then the factory grips?

I don't think so. It's hard for me to compare because when I bring a gun home I usually have the Hogue grips waiting for it, I rarely even shoot them with the stock grips. Between my the tip of my pinky and the tip of my thumb measures just about ten inches with hand outstretched (I don't want to say I have 'big' hands, because that doesn't mean much to you does it?).

I'm kind of a nut for Hogue grips and have put them on almost everything: on the Jericho they're a little small, on the 97B they're a little big and the Tactical Sport seems to be 'just right' (the large frame Tanfo is close to the TS, just a little more square).

I recently purchased a 45/22 combo. Despite all the concerns I've heard, both the 45 and 22 setups have worked flawlessly. I then purchased a 40 s&w Longslide Conversion kit. It had machining marks inside the guide rod portion of the slide, once removed the guide rod would not go back into the slide/upper assembly, and it would not function regardless. I sent it back, and it was replaced. It did take about a month for the new one to make it back to me, and I did kinda feel like I was getting the run around asking about it, having called about 5 or 6 times (and talking to Cheryl everytime), but when the new one arrived, it had two free magazines in the box, and none of those machine marks, the finish was right. When I put it on my frame, it fit very tight. Not quite too tight, but tighter than I expected. It does seem to have a little bit of a problem cycling the flat-nose fmj rounds that are most common, but, I have only put 150 rounds through it, and it seems to be getting better and better.

WOW, WOW, WOW!

I got my Witness .45/.22 combo today. I thought the finish was going to be a deep blueing by the pics but turns out it's a matte black. Almost a parkerized finished, which is ok, but I would rather have the blue. But it shoot soooooo good!!!

I had a zip lock bag full of 10 year+ old reloads. Over 100 rounds. A lot of different bullet styles and powder loads. Loaded them up at random in the mag and ran through them all without one problem!

Now the .22 convetsion I had a problem with the mag sticking in the grip and not wanting to release. Any ideas?

I've noticed my 22 mag fits the tightest of all my magazines as well. If you put a Hogue grip on it, you have to make sure you use the biggest mag as our guide for how much material to remove from the sides of the grip. The new K45 mags only seem to hold 9 rounds no matter what you do with them. Sadly, they were a magazine that didn't really need to be updated, the new 9 and 40 mags seem to be light-years better than the old ones in the large frames, but the 38 super, 10mm, and 45 mags all seemed to be fine before this refresh, and new versions of them seem to be either the same or worse than older ones.

I could only get 9 rounds in my Tanfoglio .45 mags when they were new. it takes a bit to get the 10th round in. I have since put Hennings small basepads on and that gives you the extra room to get the 10th round in easily.

the 38 super, 10mm, and 45 mags all seemed to be fine before this refresh, and new versions of them seem to be either the same or worse than older ones.

The new 10mm mags are way better (just like the .40 and 9mm mags). My old 10mm mags had nose support issues, but these new ones seem great. The new .45 mags seem to be the same dimensions as the old ones, so I don't think they did any re-designing at all.

• 3 weeks later...

So I just sent in my 10mm in for warranty repair because when the safety is on you can pull the trigger and the gun goes into half cock. The Wonder finish is flaking off the bottom of the slide by the lockup lugs and they sent it back and fixed nothing!! I had to pay shipping down there and send $20 to get it back! So far yup the CS there SUCKS!!!.