Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

lighter springs on USP and P series

Xander

What model and variant do you have? If memory serves, USPs and USPcs in V1 already have the light everything. I suspect the same is true for V3 P series pistols as well. If you're already into LEM, going to light will depend greatly on where you started.

-424D57

• 4 weeks later...

v3 already has light everything except the fpbs or firing pin block spring. switch to the lighter fpbs to reduce single action trigger pull by 1-1.5 lbs. swapping the 14lb hammer spring with a 12lb spring will drop your double action pull by the same amount. I run a light fpbs and a 10lb hammer spring. hkparts has the fpbs, and wolff springs has the hammer springs for p series pistols.

v3 already has light everything except the fpbs or firing pin block spring. switch to the lighter fpbs to reduce single action trigger pull by 1-1.5 lbs. swapping the 14lb hammer spring with a 12lb spring will drop your double action pull by the same amount. I run a light fpbs and a 10lb hammer spring. hkparts has the fpbs, and wolff springs has the hammer springs for p series pistols.

Good to know, thanks for the heads up! Btw, what is the trigger pull weight in DA and SA with your set-up? Thanks! :)

Edited by Xander

factory is 11.4lb DA 4.5lb SA.

Mine is around 10ishlb DA 3.75-4lb SA with the light fpbs and a wolf 12lb hammer spring. I had some light primer strikes with the 10lb hammer spring and winchester primers. All the federals popped with the 10lb spring though...

Edited by Steven420

• 1 year later...

I had some light primer strikes with the 10lb hammer spring and winchester primers. All the federals popped with the 10lb spring though..

===

Reviving this thread. What does "light primer strikes" mean? As in, the new lighter hammer strike was not sufficient to ignite the primer? As a new-ish shooter, this terminology is new to me. Thanks.