Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for Witness Limited Elite .40 or 10mm

IridiumRed

I'd like to buy a Witness Limited Elite in .40 S&W or 10mm. Either caliber is fine, because I plan to have barrels in both calibers.

I'll shoot the .40 95% of the time, and just use the 10mm for the occasional "warm" load to play around with.

Anyone have a good lead? Seems like these guns are hard to find!

Any help is appreciated :)

Btw, great forum here, spent a BUNCH of time surfing through. Lots of great info & people here. Learned much already

Thanks!

EDIT - Oh, one question for you folks out there - I'm looking to buy a NEW gun (so that I get the factory warranty and all that.... plus a 'zero time' gun).

I'm in the USA, is there ANY chance that a .40 S&W Limited Elite could be a small frame gun? Do I need to be concerned / worried about that?

I didn't know if they made the Limited Elite in small frame, OR if it was imported into the US. I definitely want the large frame since I want to be able to shoot 10mm

and load .40 longer than SAAMI. Thanks again everyone :)

Edited by IridiumRed

I have a used one like new if you are interested. It's my backup limited gun that doesn't get used.

PM sent. I am completely new to using this forum so I dont know the details about how everything works.

I included my phone number and email in the PM; if you do NOT receive that PM please let me know via PM here or on this thread. Thanks!

Now that the Stock 3 has hit the US market, finding a new Limited 40 is no easy task.

Was wondering why you think that? (my question is not sarcastic at all, I am honestly curious)

I can't imagine Tanfoglio would ship a small frame Limited; 140mm mags would hold what? 14/15 rounds compared to 21.

I didn't know if there was THAT much difference in capacity between the small / large frames - from what I understand the Small has a magazine well that measures .095" shorter front to back and .050" narrower side to side than the large (interior dimensions of the well or exterior dimensions of the mags - not sure on that, but either way I assume the interior of the mags themselves would have about the same difference in size). But I'm still learning about the EAA / Tanfo / Witness platform

Whats funny is, part of the reason I was concerned about making sure the gun was a large frame was because of EAA themselves!! I called them up to inquire as to extra barrels / slides for caliber conversions, and they asked for the serial number so they could confirm model (and I totally understand why they would want to know that). I told them that I had not picked up a gun yet, but was definitely looking to buy a Witness Limited Elite, and wanted to make sure I could get a 10mm top end for it. And THEY told me to make sure it was a large frame.

So, even though I told them that I was going to be getting an Elite Lilmited, probably NIB, less than a year or two old, they still told me to make sure of the frame size.

So THATS what made me be a little hesitant about ensuring large vs small frame since I do want to run .40 Long and/or some occasional 10mm....

But... from what I hear, EAA doesn't have the greatest customer service / product knowledge..... *laughs* I guess getting yanked around a bit by EAA is part of the learning curve ?? haha

PS. For whatever its worth, EAA was very nice and polite to me when I spoke with them. I've heard a lot of people say they can be rude / abrupt but they weren't that way with me at all. On the other hand, I was very nice and polite to them to begin with, and oftentimes I've found that the attitude you give, is what you get in return.

Anyways! I'll shut up now. Sorry for being long winded. I'm definitely excited about getting one of these guns, and somewhere down the road doing some action shooting. Thanks everyone for your advice, comments, and welcoming a new guy in :)

I'm excited to see how it turns out.

I have ordered from EAA a few times and they are generally pleasant, although the girls who spoke to me didn't blow me away with their techincal knowledge. My biggest gripe is that they don't want to sell you anything you don't have a matching serial number for; for example, I've owned a TA90, Uzi Eagle and Witness 45/22 which I converted to 10mm longslide, plus four CZs, so I do know a thing or two about intercompatibility. I wanted to buy a recoil guide rod from a longslide Witness to use in my compensated Tactical Sport/SP01/Witness hybrid Open gun and they absolutely refused to sell a $20 part to me without a matching serial number! They said without the serial number they couldn't be sure I was ordering the right part; isn't the fact that I KNOW and I have the money enough!?! I ended up surfing Google pictures until I found a Tanfoglio Limited with the serial number visible and used that number.