Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

holster setup for CZ?

Esther

I'm just getting started competing in IPSC. Could any of you CZ shooters recommend a good holster, belt and mag pouch setup? I shoot a CZ 75B 9mm. Not sure if this makes a difference, but I'm female.

Thanks! :-)

Edited by Esther

Selection of a holster can be influenced by the division declared i.e. Limited/L10 vs. Production. There are traditional holsters and "bikini" style holsters, both legal for Limited/L10 but bikinis are not legal for Prodcution. Because you're getting started, I'd suggest a traditional style holster that you can use for either Limited/L10 or Production.

Some prefer the DOH (Dropped, Offset Holster) because it places the holster lower off the belt and offset from the body. If you find one that allows you to switch positions (the Blade-Tech mentioned by Lawboy) you can try both positions to see which you prefer.

If you are assembling a rig (belt, holster & mag carriers), one of the benefits of being a BEnos member is a small discount available through Shooter's Connection. They have a sub-forum in the vendors area with a pinned thread with sign up information. SC has a great selection of nearly anything shooting related that one could want. I have ordered many acessories from SC, they have great customer service and ship promptly.

Click here to view the SC CZ holster page.

Personally, for Limited I run a DAA belt, RM holster (bikini style) and RM mag carriers (3) and for SS I run a DAA belt, PDR Low-Ride holster (but they make one for a CZ) and CR Speed double mag carriers (3).

I like my Triple Crown holster for CZ, which has a Blackhawk quick connect rather than a loop to connect to my Double Alpha belt. It doesn't ride as low as a Bladetech DOH, but does sit out a bit further than a standard holster making draws easier. Better better quality than a Bladetech.

. Not sure if this makes a difference, but I'm female.

It can depending on your build. "Comp Tach" makes a "Diva" (I didn't name it) holster which is designed to move the butt of the gun away from the body. A Blade Tech DOH may also produce this result. Also as stated it depends which division you are running. If you buy one of these they are legal from production-limited-open. Same can be said about the mag pouches; I run CR Speed mag pouches with a DOH for my SP01. Safariland makes some that extend a little away from the body.

Happy hunting

My rig for the CZ is a Bladetech DOH, CR Speed mag pouches and a CR Speed belt. If I was setting up another rig I'd buy the Bladetech again but I'd look hard at the Double Alpha belt and their Racer mag pouches.

Esther,

You might also look at Safariland and Blackhawk gear, if you're on a budget. The Safariland #567 "Custom Fit" holster is a good option, especially if you're shooting production. Also, their Model 5187 is a nice rig, too. I have one for my 1911, and like it. One of the things I like about Safariland gear is that the holsters are lined with suede-this makes for a smoother draw in my opinion.

If you look on the holsters.com website, you'll see that there are a number of belt loop accessories for drop and offset, etc. which allow you to customize the fit of your holster.

As for mag pouches, I'm really liking the Blackhawk single mag pouches. Solid grip on the mag, but easy release and you can't beat the price. CR Speeds are great, but pricy.

Good luck, and welcome to the game!!

TJ

• 4 weeks later...

Esther,

You might also look at Safariland and Blackhawk gear, if you're on a budget. The Safariland #567 "Custom Fit" holster is a good option, especially if you're shooting production. Also, their Model 5187 is a nice rig, too. I have one for my 1911, and like it. One of the things I like about Safariland gear is that the holsters are lined with suede-this makes for a smoother draw in my opinion.

If you look on the holsters.com website, you'll see that there are a number of belt loop accessories for drop and offset, etc. which allow you to customize the fit of your holster.

As for mag pouches, I'm really liking the Blackhawk single mag pouches. Solid grip on the mag, but easy release and you can't beat the price. CR Speeds are great, but pricy.

Good luck, and welcome to the game!!

TJ

TJ do you have any idea what is the product number for Safariland holster for cz-spo1? thanks

Anybody here knows what a safariland model number for CZ SPO1 mag pouch?

Thanks

The Safariland Mag Pouch is the 773 and you want the one for a Beretta 92, it fits the CZ mags perfectly.

thanks for the reply but what I need is the part number for Holster. I got the pouches