Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

slicing the pie?

NicVerAZ

I am just wondering if "slicing the pie" is not a ridiculous exp<b></b>ression to use in a shooting sport which is supposed to mimic real life engagements.

"Some bad guys have my family hostage. I think I am going to slice the pie".

You could also think of it as "Sneak, peek & shoot". But, the term "slicing the pie" is in common use by some very serious shooters whose job description does not include winning Class/Division pistol match trophies.

yeah we don't have RO's either..lol

also some clubs are using the trendy term "barricade order"..1st time i heard that at a match i was in the back of the squad during the walk thru and was thinking WTF is that..Stopped at the end of the walk thru and asked the SO what "barricade order" was and he said way to many shooters got tactical priority and tactical sequence mixed up all the time,so they came up with" barricade order".. It is slowly making it's way around to other clubs even 400 miles away..

mozambiqe style.. here is another term used rather then saying 2 to the body and 1 to the head,or as some put it a failure drill.Which neither is mentioned in the current rulebook. I know what both mean,but severla new shooters have never heard it that way..

Also starting to hear the term mike or mikes being used alot now..who is mike??? B)

I am Magic Mike when I get to goign too fast........acutally Magic Mike is a nickname my full name is Alpha Mike............... :(