Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best way to sort small primer 45ACP

SPRSkip

I thought it was just the non-toxic primers where SPP were being using in .45acp, but I was just prepping some brass for tumbling, and as I was dumping a box of Federal into the bucket, I noticed just too late that these were Federal, SP, but not marked NT. A friend who doesn't reload gives me his brass, and these came from him. I guess some of the regular Federal ammo at Wal-Mart is SP now. And here I thought I was going to keep SP and LP .45acp brass separate and avoid sorting it post tumbling. Guess not.

Thats a good idea, but the rod on't be swaging any brass.

What happens when military brass gets in the mix that had its primer crimed?

True but this process is only depriming and sorting. I will then have the ability to clean the primer pocket and then replace the switch rod with the original and load as usual.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

What is your time worth. For me it is better to have a commercial processor run the brass through his machine and sort out the small primer brass than to mess with it. Then I can spend my precious time on the machine loading instead of dicking around with brass issues.....

Just another way to look at it.... :ph34r:

DougC

What is your time worth. For me it is better to have a commercial processor run the brass through his machine and sort out the small primer brass than to mess with it. Then I can spend my precious time on the machine loading instead of dicking around with brass issues.....

Just another way to look at it.... :ph34r:

DougC

Any idea what it cost to have this done?

Try TJ Conevera for pricing, I don't know for non commercial folks...

DougC

Actually thinking about it. To pour the brass in and fire up the auto drive and pick out the sp brass compared to even paying the shipping is a no brainer for me. Your time may be worth more than mine.