Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No refund, no contact

atbarr

OK people I need some suggestions. A few months ago, I realized I would not be able to shoot a major match. So 10 days before the match, I contacted the person that handled registration. I told this person that the arthritis in my arms and shoulder was getting worse, and I needed to drop out.

This match had a huge waiting list <5 minutes after registration opened up. So I know they were able to sell my slot.

Three days later I contacted that person and asked if he/she was the correct person. The reply was yes, but it was crunch time and the MD told him/her they would send out refunds after the match.

30 days later I asked again.

On Sept. 21 I resent my request for a refund.

On Oct. 2nd, I requested a refund from the MD, and copied the person that handled registration.

I paid a total of $253.00. If I separated out the charges I'm sure everyone would know for sure which match I'm talking about.

I'm retired on a fixed income, $253.00 is a lot for me to lose.

CLOSED

Edited by atbarr

Seems like about 60 days and no communication. Seems you have been reasonable.

I would email again and this time CC the Area Director and the Section Coordinator. I would definitely be professional in my wording of the email and state all the facts.

If you paid by credit card you can place a hold on the charges until they respond. If not then you can get the E-Mail addresses of everyone connected,ie the sanctioning organiztion, the sponsors, the Area director, hell even his mother, and send out a request for help. My wife did this when my daughter left her flute on a plane. Everyone one from the CEO to the janitor got a message. The next day we had the flute. Flood them with emails. Kinda like a shotgun double tap squared. Good luck.

Edited by Youngeyes

A.T.

I got your email this morning. A check will be cut and mailed today. I appologize for the lack of communication on our part; it was not intentional. A breakdown on our part. I am sorry.

Nick Noble

Rockcastle Shooting Center

:cheers:

A.T.

I got your email this morning. A check will be cut and mailed today. I appologize for the lack of communication on our part; it was not intentional. A breakdown on our part. I am sorry.

Nick Noble

Another example of a class act. Way to go Nick!

A.T.

Nick Noble

Many thanks Nick, I knew I was not contacting the correct person.

I love a happy ending. Another example of what a great forum this is. As Merlin says," This forum is full of em....Truly nice people." :cheers:

Of course a good,"What I hate" rant just turned into a "What I like", but you can't have everything. :D

Edited by Youngeyes