Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

what's the best way to store/transport tools?

Hey all,

I'm moving across the country to Texas in december, and I'm not taking anything that won't fit in my car. Buying all new furniture and stuff, but it seems worth it to take my tools. I'm wondering if there's a good system to store and transport tools, since the boxes and organizers they came in are space wasters.

Like I'm sure all of you, I have house tools, power tools, very weird specific gun tools, and a crate of spare parts I just can't "part" with. was wondering if you guys could recommend something decent to use to carry hopefully everything. \

For reference, I would say I have:

2 drills, 2 circular saws, a saws-all, mini-chain saw, and then the usual assortment of hand tools, wrenches, and a box full of gun stuff.

Ideas? Pictures would be cool, too.

Thanks!

Steve

In reality, you don't have a lot to move in the way of tools. Wrap the saws, drills and other power tools in their own bath towel. Use them as fillers for the odd holes in the trunk, back seat, etc. between the suitcases and boxes. Clean the wrenches and other hand tools and just put them in the little nooks and crannies. Buy the tool box when you get settled in Texas.

Easy peasy,

Pat

I would love to buy a truck, but that probably would add way too much to the moving expense. I thought about a U-haul type thing, but I don't have any furniture or anything else really to bring. Finally upgrading from that college second hand crap, so it's not worth spending the price of a new limited gun on a truck to take my $15 coffee table across the country.