Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How can I change G34 grip angle and still be SSP legal?

DaveF

Recently bought Glock 34 Gen4. I like it very much, but the grip angle is quite different (well documented) than the 1911 pistols I am used to shooting.

Does anyone know how I might be able to get the aim point a tad lower and still be legal for SSP? I bought a "Grip Force" adapter and tried that out, it worked pretty good, but is considered a rule violation for SSP so I can't use it in competition. Grip tape and grip sleeves are allowed though, and I'm curious if anyone has used tape and/or grip sleeve to revise the grip angle on their Glock?

Thanks for any help.

Dave in RI

Pistolero - I guess I didn't do quite enough homework.....dry.gif

Pardon my tone if it came off as snide, but I was just curious if there was another factor in choosing the G34... I bet you could get it sold fairly easily for little loss if you did decide that one of those others were more to your liking...

Since you are running a Gen 4, is cutting off the lower half of a backstrap cheating for SSP? It is a stock part, just modified... maybe there is some wiggle room there without having to go with the beaver tail...

You should be able to play with the backstrap as IDPA considers that as a removal grip panel.

I agree. I think their reasoning is that Glock didn't make the part. That said, I believe Glock is developing one and is closer to that as I have seen some Gen 4's that have a raised bump at the top of the beaver tail, possibly to accommodate some revised or new backstrap.

Does anyone know how I might be able to get the aim point a tad lower

Bend your wrists more.

only partly sarcasm... I recently switched from berettas and 1911s to a G34. No mods to the gun. Drive the sights with your vision, it'll work itself out.

-rvb