Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

iPhone 5- Which Shot Timer is Best?

swhiteh3

I have had an Andriod phone for years, I found the IPSC Shot Timer worked OK (not great) for me, even indoors (read: with echoes) and when shooting small caliber stuff.

But now I've switched to an iPhone5. I'm looking for suggestions from people who have used the many shot timers that are out there for this phone, and especially those who have used them INDOORS where echoes can be an issue. Which shot timer's are best - and have the best combination of features and anti-falsing algorithms?

All opinions are appreciated!

I have had an Andriod phone for years, I found the IPSC Shot Timer worked OK (not great) for me, even indoors (read: with echoes) and when shooting small caliber stuff.

But now I've switched to an iPhone5. I'm looking for suggestions from people who have used the many shot timers that are out there for this phone, and especially those who have used them INDOORS where echoes can be an issue. Which shot timer's are best - and have the best combination of features and anti-falsing algorithms?

All opinions are appreciated!

I'm curious too.. I've heard some say it would "blow" the mike.... But curious for how well it works...

I have searched for the Surefire Shot Timer, but I can't find it. Searching "SUREFIRE" gives me 5 results - none of which are right. I've searched "SHOT TIMER" and several other things, and I can't find it. Anyone help? Is there a chance that searching on an iPhone5 only shows apps that are compatible with this device, and maybe that specific shot timer is not?

I have searched for the Surefire Shot Timer, but I can't find it. Searching "SUREFIRE" gives me 5 results - none of which are right. I've searched "SHOT TIMER" and several other things, and I can't find it. Anyone help? Is there a chance that searching on an iPhone5 only shows apps that are compatible with this device, and maybe that specific shot timer is not?

I think they may have discontinued the surefire one...I had it and it kept freezing on me so bad I would have to shut my phone off and re DL it. The last time, I also could not find it. I am now using one called "shot timer" by innovative applications. I like it better than the surefire one anyway.

i just tried the surefire site and it looks as if the app is no longer available. I know i got the app from their website.

I have the surefire app and it works for me. I only use it for practicing loading my shotgun using the par time setting. It was free so I guess you get what you pay for.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those that are having trouble finding the app, I might have the solution for you. When I search the app store on my laptop nothing comes up, but using the app store on my phone there are 6 results and the shot timer is the first one. I don't know why it is like that but it is.