Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New powder

xagent

I'm looking for a new powder to 3n38, I like it but it's expensive. I was thinking blue dot or something with a slow burn rate to work the comp. I'm shooting 38 super comp USPSA major 124 mg jhp, 4 port comp no holes in barrel.

winchester autocomp works and is much less expensive. There are a few threads in the 9/38 reloading section with load data. It will be my next powder when my supply of 3n38 runs out.

Do you think WAC has enough gas to really work the comp?

winchester autocomp works and is much less expensive. There are a few threads in the 9/38 reloading section with load data. It will be my next powder when my supply of 3n38 runs out.

Works mine in 9MAJOR quite well.

Yes. My gun is 38sc with poppell holes.

I started last season with WAC, works fine. Pistol shoots flatter than when I was using 8.1 gr. SR4756.

7.6 gr. WAC

124 MG RN.

CCI500 primer

1.250" OAL

10# recoil spring

17# main spring

4 hole EGW comp no popple holes

Schumenn (sp) .355" barrel

171.5 P.F.

Pistol is a 38Super, but I don't think there will be any difference with SC, as I have loaded SC brass that I picked up on the range. Hope this helps.

Edited by WaltMel