Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DPMS 3G1 vs. Colt CRP18 for .223

Eric_Vmax

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I am biased towards the Stag 3G. With that said you can't go wrong with any of these guns. No Matter which one you buy you will end up changing parts sooner or later so go with the one that has the best bang for the buck and the trigger/barrel that you like best.

What?!?!? Why would you be biased toward the Stag 3G? ;)

I'll let you shoot my Colt Pro .308 if I see you at a match. We just won't tell anyone...

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b49/damnstoptrippin/Colt_CR_Pro_308.jpg (not shown: Leupold VX-6)

I am biased towards the Stag 3G. With that said you can't go wrong with any of these guns. No Matter which one you buy you will end up changing parts sooner or later so go with the one that has the best bang for the buck and the trigger/barrel that you like best.

I'll let you shoot my Colt Pro .308 if I see you at a match. We just won't tell anyone...

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b49/damnstoptrippin/Colt_CR_Pro_308.jpg (not shown: Leupold VX-6)

You should probably just give that too me since Stag's .308 isn't out yet.

http://i16.photobuck..._CR_Pro_308.jpg (not shown: Leupold VX-6)

Bwahahaha! Technically...either is the Colt. ;)

P.S. Nice work on the 3 Gun Nation show! If I could shoot half as fast as you, I'd be a happy guy!

Oh, here's my rifle after putting the Leupold VX-6 on it!

ColtwithVX-6-1.jpg

Edited by GregSmith

http://i16.photobuck..._CR_Pro_308.jpg (not shown: Leupold VX-6)

Bwahahaha! Technically...either is the Colt. ;)

P.S. Nice work on the 3 Gun Nation show! If I could shoot half as fast as you, I'd be a happy guy!

Oh, here's my rifle after putting the Leupold VX-6 on it!

ColtwithVX-6-1.jpg

Drooolllll

Now I want one...Or should I say another. The crp-18 needs a mate :)

I am biased, but I bought a Colt Hbar CM years back. Best I could get it to do was baseball size groups at 100yds. I tried a lot of different loads, all with the same results. Even my match handloads for by Tooley built remington 700 wouldn't do anything. I hope Colt is doing better now, but there is just no way I'd go back. No way.

I am biased, but I bought a Colt Hbar CM years back. Best I could get it to do was baseball size groups at 100yds. I tried a lot of different loads, all with the same results. Even my match handloads for by Tooley built remington 700 wouldn't do anything. I hope Colt is doing better now, but there is just no way I'd go back. No way.

Shooter Steve. I'm sorry about your CM Hbar... The new Colt CRs don't leave the factory without shooting sub MOA. They send you the test fire target as proof, signed by the person that shot it. They're tack drivers. Maybe it's time to get back on that horse. ;)