Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow Base Pad Issues?

JoseyWalesX

I was shooting with a friend last week and multiple times while making a reload the base pad would slide off of the front of his magazine while he was seating it in the gun. He was using factory 19rd. magazines, I was using 17rd. Mec-Gar mags and wasn't having any issues. Is this a common problem with the 19 rounders?

I just got my new SP01 Shadow from CZ Custom last week and shot the TN Section Championships on Saturday. I had cleaned the mags several times before the match and during the match due to the dirt and dust inside the mag. The only issue I had was the spring was not very strong and slow to push the follower up. I have ordered the +10% springs from CZ Custom.

Your issue sounds like, the mag base lock is not seating in the mag base completely. If you feel the mag base lock is seating, then I would look to a weak spring not holding the mag base lock in place or the mag base lock is not on the very last coil of the spring. If the mag base lock is to high it is possible that the mag spring can hold the mag base lock up and not lock into the mag base.

Good luck.

Josey, magazines flying apart has been a problem with macgar for the past year. Cliff and Jenny have the same issues. The 19 round and the metal base plate mags do not have this issue. If you are going to be at the match Sunday I'd like to borrow one to see if I can come up with a fix.

Josey, magazines flying apart has been a problem with macgar for the past year. Cliff and Jenny have the same issues. The 19 round and the metal base plate mags do not have this issue. If you are going to be at the match Sunday I'd like to borrow one to see if I can come up with a fix.

I'll be there, it wasn't mine that were doing it though, it was Josh Querins. However, Cliff was able to duplicate it with my 17rd. Mec-Gars although I couldn't. I'll be happy to let you take one of those and see what you think.