Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DS-K6 Speedloaders for 617

mwx40x40

Good product, but my understanding is they were designed for Bullseye shooting to not delay the shooting line during reloading. I use them regularly in the Police L matches and find they do that job very effectively.

They are relatively fast the first cylinder or two, however, 22's are dirty rounds and as the cylinders get gunky the rounds do not seat all the way in when released and one has to push them the extra 1/3 or so inch in. They are gravity fed like the Comp 11 and not spring fed like the Comp 111.

Jim

Good product, but my understanding is they were designed for Bullseye shooting to not delay the shooting line during reloading. I use them regularly in the Police L matches and find they do that job very effectively.

They are relatively fast the first cylinder or two, however, 22's are dirty rounds and as the cylinders get gunky the rounds do not seat all the way in when released and one has to push them the extra 1/3 or so inch in. They are gravity fed like the Comp 11 and not spring fed like the Comp 111.

Jim

That's kind of what I figured. Gotta say the roundgunners on BE are great. What a generous offer by slfir.

Mark, I use the HKS'es when I'm "Bold" enough to shoot my Model 17 at STEEL...I don't think that the DS Speedloaders would be APPRECIABLY faster...At least, not for a Shooter as "Old and Slow" as I am!...HTH....mikey357

Mark, I use the HKS'es when I'm "Bold" enough to shoot my Model 17 at STEEL...I don't think that the DS Speedloaders would be APPRECIABLY faster...At least, not for a Shooter as "Old and Slow" as I am!...HTH....mikey357

Mike good to hear from you. I was just dabbling with the idea of shooting it in SC, but I am not sure I am "Bold" enough myself. If it were a 10 shot it would boost my confidence to try it.

Check your PM box I have a question for you.

Mark - the 10 shot conversion is easy enuf to do. I added the 6 shot cyl to my 10 shot so I could shoot in in BE. Brownells has the parts. Less than $150. Of corse that is a lot of 22 ammo. :)

I also have the HKS six round loaders for the 617. The are fine. Someday someone will make a spring loaded jet loader for the 22..

Best regards,- JohnJohn

I use the DS-K6 speed loaders with my 617 for steel challenge matches. As it was said before, "The cleaner the chambers the better they work" I keep a 22 cal brush in my range bag. After 2 or so stages I take the gun to the safe table and swipe the brush through each chamber it seems to work quite well. I also find using CCI Mini-mag ammo helps. I find any brand of 22 ammo with a wax coating on it does not work all that well, as the wax tends to gum the chambers up and is horrible on hot days.

As for using the loaders themselves I think they are great. I used the HKS loaders in the past and just didnt like them. I like not having to turn a knob to release the rounds. One solid push and the rounds are in the cambers.

Hope this helps. :)

Matt

Edited by matt625