Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

arredondo vs mag well question

jjw

i cant find a mag well that will work with arredondo. info has come from this board not ACTUAL hands on, that says nothing seems to be compatible. i am not going to taylor.

question: can some one tell me why that doesnt work ??. i.e. what sticks jams locks up etc. i have a master colt trained armorer on the pay roll is also a master tool and die guy. he can fix anyhtng. what does he do to fix this please.

i use arredondo on all my guns and carry them in the field. i do not have mag wells on any work guns.

would like to shoot 3 gun with my Springfield's. have 2 custom 1's from the Springfield shop.

i have arredondo's on 20 or so pistols, all work 100%. no mag wells. what do i need to do to put a quality mag well on a s/fld and use arredondo's am i just pissing up a rope and need to move on.

thanks much if any 1 can help with this.

jjw

I had this issue with an XDM 40 Limited gun a couple years back. Had to bevel a small amount of the upper outer edge of the extension w/ a dremel. Didn't take a lot. Alternative would be to bevel the mag well opening where it joins with the gun. Not sure why this is an issue. Designers are smarter than this. Mebbe a mold out of spec?

:blink:

i may have nor been clear.

i use mec gar 18 rd mags almost exclusively with arrendond's 6 rd extension. has worked for years on all 3:

glocks

m+&p

Springfield

every 1 of the big parts shops say arredondo's dont work with "their" mag well. need to use t/f

i dont WANT t/f i can buy them wholesale and still dont want them.

what is the failing part of the equation please????.

sticking

wont seat

wont lock back

etc

etc.

i just want a big ass mag well to shoot 3 gun. will live just fine but would be smoother if i had 11.

thanks again help is appreciated.

jjw