Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650 safe arm to powder

I have an older 650 with the old style powder assembly. I am finding the powder safe arm popping out of the holder. I have the spring and blue lock nut tight enough, but they are either loosening through a session of something else is happening to cause the arm to pop out. I have replaced the plastic ring that goes around the arm and inserts in the metal holder several times as it has broken.

Any thoughts?

They have redesigned that piece of plastic that holds in into the arm more than a few times. In the past I have hit up the Dillon guys at the Area 2 match and picked up the current part.

As usual, I suggest calling Dillon and talking with them about your problems.

Neal in AZ

• 6 months later...

I got the revised version recently.

The old version with the clip made the rod pull out of the slot on the arm from the primer system. The new one fixes that.

They also made the part the rod rides through longer, but it does not stay in the primer arm. So mine broke after about 50 rounds. The system still works, but it is annoying. What happened is when that piece slipped out, when the ram came down, it would catch the edge, then it would SNAP into place.

I talked to Dillon, and was told that one iteration had that plastic piece stay hooked into the primer arm. I will probably add a small tie wrap to the replacement to make that happen. Either than or bevel the top so it slides into the arm rather than snapping in.